33|switch

-DISCLAIMER-

I do NOT own Teen Wolf

I hope you guys are still enjoying this. I know it's taking a while to get to the actual Riley x Stiles bit, but I don't wanna rush it.

Comment, vote, fan, and let me know what you're thinking!

----------

"Okay. We've been here nearly two hours, so I'll go and get it," I said, beginning to swim towards the phone slowly.

Stiles nodded, trying to stay above water. "Be careful."

"Swimming right up to that thing; this is a stupid idea," Derek muttered.

"Well," I sighed as I paddled, "Let us know if you come up with a better one. For now, this is all we have."

"And what about if it attacks? The only one who is going to be able to protect us, is me."

I stopped swimming and spun to look at him, anger on my face. "And right now you are paralyzed and I don't want to drown, so we're doing this."

Finally reaching the edge of the pool, I grabbed the edge and leaned over the side to grasp the phone. I heard a hissing sound, so I quickly pushed back from the wall, the phone still in my hand. Keeping the phone above water, I dialed Scott's number.

It rang a couple times, but Scott finally answered.

"Scott! Thank God you answered! Scott, we need . . ."

"Riley?" Scott said, efficiently cutting me off. "Look, I can't talk right now."

"But . . ."

And that's all I got in before he hung up on me.

I yelled in frustration, throwing Stiles phone across the pool. I watched as it sunk to the bottom of the pool, angry at Scott for choosing the most inconvenient time to hang up on me.

"Riley?" Stiles shouted from where he was floating.

I ran a hand through my hair. "He didn't answer! Well, he answered, but he hung up on me!"

Stiles continued to keep himself afloat with one hand, holding Derek up with the other. "I can't stay up any longer. I need something to hold on to."

We started looking around, trying to find something low enough, but not close enough to the edge that the creature would be able to reach us.

"Stiles, the diving board. We can hold on to that," I suggested, already swimming over to him to help him carry Derek.

Once I'm beside him, one hand around Derek, we began to paddle in synchronization towards the diving board. But, when Stiles reaches up to grab onto the board, it's too slippery underneath his already wet fingers. Unable to maintain a grip, Stiles slipped.

And to make matters worse, his grip on Derek also weakened. Without any momentum to keep us up, we all began to sink.

My mouth began to fill with water as I ran out of air. I tried to get to the surface, but I couldn't untangle myself from Derek and Stiles.

I saw Stiles struggling for breath, but I must have still had some strength left in me. It wasn't going to be enough to get us to the surface of the water, however.

As we continued to sink, I felt something grab on to my shirt. Seconds later, I'm being thrown out of the pool and on to the ground, gasping for air.

A thump and a yell, and Derek and Stiles are laying beside me, spluttering up water as they fill their lungs with air once more.

I hear a roar come from behind me, and pray that it wasn't the creature. It didn't sound like the creature, but you never know.