07 | murder song

| meliorism |
chapter seven
haunted ❞

| meliorism |chapter seven ❝ haunted ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

Rhena woke up earlier than usual. She wanted to go to Bonnie's grandma house to talk to her. She knew the police was questioning people who might know what happened the night in the cemetery, and Rhena had said that she was at Sheila's house.

She got dressed and took a granola bar for breakfast. Everyone was barely waking up when she was ready to go. Other days she would have stay in a little more, but it was a serious thing this time.

"Rhena? What are you doing?" Cade asked furrowing his eyebrows, he was coming out of his room, about to wake up everyone.

"I'm going to Bonnie's, she's going to give me some notes I forgot to take" Rhena said nodding, looking at him. Along the years, she learn to manipulate the truth when it came to telling Cade about it.

"Okay" he muttered, looking at her in suspicion "you're gonna walk there?" Cade raised his eyebrows and she nodded once again "be safe then, send me a message when you get to school" he walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"I'll see you later" Rhena whispered and he let go of her. She smiled once last time and went down the stairs. She opened the door and got out of her house, starting her way.

After walking for fifteen minutes, she arrived at Bonnie's grandma house. Rhena walked to the front door, but before knocking, the door opened, reveling a confused Bonnie.

"Hey Rhena" she said furrowing her eyebrows. Bonnie looked back at the inside of the house before giving her a smile "Come in"

"Thank you" Rhena answered stepping in the house. She looked at the living room, where Sheila, Bonnie's grandma was. She smiled and waved a little "Hi Shiela"

    "Rhena, darling" the old woman stood up, leaving her cup in the center table and went to greet the Bekker girl. Sheila hugged the girl and stroke her cheek, in the same spot she always felt a breeze "come sit"

Rhena sat down next to her, while Bonnie sat in the other couch "I came here because I-"

"Oh, I already know, honey" Sheila said taking back her cup. The older Bennet turn to see Bonnie and motioned her to the cup "why don't you bring Rhena a cup, Bonnie"

Bonnie smiled and nodded. She stood up and went to the kitchen, leaving the two alone, not before giving her grandmother a look.

"If someone asks me, I know what to say, so don't worry" Sheila said smiling at her "How's your throat?" she asked and Rhena's mouth went dry. How could she...