Lost Boy - 9

Annabelle's POV

It had been a few hours since Jace had left. A few hours since he had said those shocking words to me. I still didn't understand what had happened, and it scared me, but I was trying to be happy about it. If he was telling the truth, maybe I didn't have to be scared anymore.

After Jace had left I put back on the clothes I was wearing earlier, and stared out the window, confused as hell, but eventually I decided the best thing was to sleep it off. I was comfortable laying the bed when Jace came back in into the bedroom. Luckily this time I didn't jump, shift, or panic, I just stared at him curiously.

He smiled at me, cautiously, as to not scare me and came towards the bed quietly. "Hi kitten," he said quietly, alert, and almost panicked about what my response would be.

For some reason I wanted to wipe that sad look off his face. I was serious the other day, I do wish he would talk to me, that he would be my friend. More than anything, I'm not afraid, I'm lonely. So I tried my best to sit up and not push away my fear. I smiled tentatively back at him. "Hi".

Although such a small gesture, this seemed to perk him up quite a bit. Maybe it was because I had barley spoken to him since the first week. I would nod and stutter out a few sentences here and there. I understand why he hadn't wanted to be my friend. There hadn't been any effort from either side.

He moved towards the bed and sat on the edge, just as he had done earlier, but now his disposition was much cheerier. "Would you like to go somewhere with me tomorrow? I was hoping to do some redecorating of this wing of the castle and thought you may like to have some time out of the castle. We could also get you a few things, I was thinking earlier that you must not have much to do during the day, and you probably need a few more clothing items as well. You would have to wear a collar, but because you are royal property, we can get away without a leash. So what do you say? Do you want to come with me?"

Once again I was stunned by something the prince had said to me. Twice in one day he had left me absolutely shocked. Although I knew it made him happy when I had spoken earlier, I couldn't find my voice, so I slowly nodded, my mouth slightly ajar. This seemed to make him happy anyway and he scooted onto the bed, making himself more comfortable.

He then gave me a curious look. "Annabelle, what DO you do all day?"

I averted my gaze and looked out the window. I spoke very quietly, but I knew as a vampire, he could hear me quite clearly. "Sometimes I sleep through the day, I also watch a lot of Disney movies, and sometimes I practice changing into different animals, but mostly I stare out the window at the garden. My mother used to have one. Not as grand as the one outside this window, but it was still beautiful." I could feel my voice start to tighten at the end of probably the longest speech I had given since I had gotten to the castle.

Jace sighed and scooted towards the middle of the bed, wrapping his arms around my torso and pulling me closer to his body. I knew it was supposed to be comforting, but my body tensed. Although I'm sure he noticed, he looked down at me and smiled. "We'll get you something better to do then stare out a window."

His words, although wonderful, as it probably meant a book or something, only struck fear into my heart, as my mind raced somewhere else. When he smiled, he, unintentionally, barred his fangs. He was hungry. What if by something else, he meant becoming a blood slave. I'm sure my terror stricken face said it all because Jace panicked.

"What? What is it? Are you okay? Was it something I did?"

I couldn't help it. Tears started pouring down my face. "P-p-please, please don't drink from me." I was shaking uncontrollably, I could shift and attack, but somehow I knew it would only make the situation worse. If I begged him, maybe he would give mercy. If I attacked, he would kill me for sure.

"What? Annabelle! I wasn't going to drink from you, what gave you that idea?"

I pointed at his mouth, at his fangs.

He sighed. "I'm sorry Annabelle. I am still a young vampire; you know that right? Sometimes I still can't control my fangs, it comes with age, but I promise I can control my urges. I won't hurt you, I promised you that. I haven't had fresh blood in a while, since I was on tour for a few days. I will drink before we go tomorrow, but I promise I wouldn't do that to you."

I nodded. Although I was still shaking, I did believe him, and I hopped he could see that.

I think he could because once again he visibly relaxed and shuffled closer, wrapping me closer to him. "Everything will be okay Annabelle, you'll see." I could tell he was trying hard to believe those words, but for once I decided to trust him and closed my eyes as I laid my head on his chest, curling into a small ball under the sheets.

Soon I had fallen into a shallow sleep, anxiously awaiting tomorrow to come. I finally got to leave this castle, even if it was only for a day.

--------

EDITED

Finally updated!!

Sorry it took so long (like 6 days) but I've had to write soo many essays in the past while.

It's leading to something bigger! I hope you can feel it?

How are you feeling about Jace?

Annabelle?

Me? Have and questions for me?

Anyways, vote comment subscribe!

- K 💕