Trial by Fire

As the young guardian followed Endeavor, Todoroki can't help the feeling of his father, asking (Y/N) to fight him, he felt something unusual about him at this point.

Todoroki's POV:

I was following the two of them until father came to a stop, looking around the room seeing that this is the room where father usually trains me. I saw my father on the end of the room, while (Y/N) stayed in his. "Show me your so called quirks, guardian." he said as (Y/N) smirked and changes into his hero costume. "My pleasure, Endeavor." he said as the two of them rushed at each other and traded blows.

I stood there watching them as they traded blows, they are equally strong, but my father would push himself  to the limit just to see his enemies beaten and broken. Father grew an obsession towards All Might as far as I remember, wanting to surpass him which he even went to the point to forced a quirk marriage with my mother, giving me two quirks which is Fire and Ice manipulation.

I still remember that day when he started to train me, it was painful and harsh to the point that I started to cry and vomit due to his training regime. My mother would try to defend him from me, but every time she does he would hit her in front of me, he even forbid me to see my older siblings. I hate him with all my life, from the training to abusing me and mother.

She always supported me through my dark times, encourage me to become a hero, and talked about meeting a guardian which she loved very much before my father came into her life. I was amazed at by her stories, she would tell me about how their quirks work and how strong they are, but that didn't last forever. One day I was looking for her, I searched the house top to bottom, until I took a peek in the kitchen. "Mom?" I said as she looked at me, suddenly throwing some boiling water at me, giving me a nasty burn on my left side.

What happened next made me realized that she was gone, I saw father and slowly walked up to him asking where she could be. He said that she sent her to a hospital for hurting me. I clenched my fist and started blaming father for this, as I grew up I started to forget what mother told me. I sighed as I look at both men, standing on the other end of the room panting, surprisingly unharmed. 'They must be warming up still.' I thought as I looked at them.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I looked at Endeavor locking my (E/C) eyes on him, I was catching my breath since we are equally strong, but deep down I was still using a little of my strength. He looked at me and a smirked appeared on his face. "I have to admit, you live up to the expectation. Guess those heroes were right after all." he said as I smirked back. "Same for you as well Endeavor, you live up to your name #2 hero." I said as his smirked began to change into a furious one, his face started to heat up. "I'll make you eat those words!" he yelled as I get into position.

'Probably not the right words to be exact.' I thought as I rushed forward to him giving him a punch, but when he came close to me, I felt my stomach burst and pain shoot throughout my body. With his strength, I flew away from his distance clutching my stomach holding it. "What in the heck happened?!" I said as I saw him walking to me, his strength and keen intellect was his best asset, I read about it from Midoriya's book.

"The best way to get out of this situation is to surrender or die!" he said as I stood up and get in my fighting stance. "That's enough father!" Todoroki said as Endeavor kept walking to me. "Quiet Shoto, he already made his decision." he said darkly as I quickly think of a plan to get away from him at the moment. I looked around the room only to see suits of armor. 'That won't work on him.' I thought as I saw fireballs coming at me, I quickly dodged them and he let out some more, I made a run for it and hid behind a pillar.

"You can run but you can't hide." he said as I hold my (H/C) hair, thinking of a way to attacked back. Suddenly an idea popped into my head and looked at the gem on my neck. 'I'll use you for a last resort, but for now I need to fight fire with fire, literally.' I thought as I took out my spell book and quickly cast a spell around me. "Time stand still- I order you. No minutes pass until I'm through doing what I have to do. Time stand still- I order you." I said as the book light in a (F/C) aura and take a quick look at Endeavor.

I saw the fireballs that are making a collision to the pillar have been frozen in mid air, while Endeavor was in a throwing manner. I sighed and walked to the fireballs touching them as I absorbed some of them. "I really hate using this." I said as I snapped my fingers, time went back to normal making them move and Endeavor stopped as he saw the fireballs gone. "What happened?" he said as I was glowing a (F/C) aura radiating from me. "My turn." I said as I crack my neck and using my enhanced speed I went over to him, punching in the air as a fireball was let out.

He was quite surprised and quickly reacted it and dodged, as I continue to throw some more punches. After a good minute it was all gone, seeing Endeavor backed away as I panted trying to catch my breath. "Had enough?" I said as I panted more, he just chuckled and and looked at me. "No I'm not. But you will be." he said as a pillar of fire appeared under me an swallowed me in it, causing Endeavor to laugh at what he is doing.

"That's enough father! You'll kill him!" Todoroki said with concerned as Endeavor looked at the pillar. "Not now Shoto, can't you see I'm having fun torturing him." he chuckled as Todoroki was about to attack his father until a scythe was cut through the pillar revealing me in my armor. "I knew my last resort will come in handy." I said as the both of them looked at me in surprised. "But how...you're supposed to be burned alive!" he exclaimed as I chuckle. "Guess its one of my tricks Endeavor. Now then, lets finish this shall we?" I said as I spread my wings taking myself to the air.

I looked at Endeavor who is still surprised but let out a fireball in my direction. I sliced it using my scythe as I looked at him dead straight in his eyes. "Fear he who fears nothing." I said as chains surrounded Endeavor and chained him up just like Nomu. "What is this?!" he exclaimed as I spin my scythe and like a hawk, I dive straight to Endeavor getting ready to swing my blade. I saw his reaction, the once stoic face changed into sheer fear in his eyes. I was getting closer to him and the figure of the Grim Reaper appeared behind me "Reaper's Scythe!" I said as I swing my scythe only to miss him.

I reverted back to my original form, the chains disappeared and I walked outside the room not saying a word. I went to the front door getting ready to go home until Todoroki chased after me. "(Y/N)!" he yelled as my hand is on the doorknob and turned around to look at him. "Thank you, for putting him in his place." he said as he bowed to me, I sighed and opened the door chuckling a bit. "I had fun though. We should do this more often." I said as I left leaving Todoroki bowing still.

"You are one mysterious guardian (Y/N)."