6: The Two

The sky was blue that day, no rain. But the sun wasn't out either. 

Everyone gathered in the vast green field of the Compound.

They were specifically at the takeoff/landing area for their aircrafts. All gathered for their Head and Lady's departure for Bangkok, Thailand.

A white private jet occupied the center of the ground.

Lucy and Natsu were going on a business trip for three days. And by business, it had something to do with the Mafia. 

A meeting for all the acknowledged families throughout every corner of the globe. It only happens once in a blue moon.

Laxus, Gajeel, Gray, Elfman, and Cana were the ones given the huge responsibility as acting bodyguards for their travel to Bangkok.

The rest were left to look after Lucas.

Good thing he was being a good boy and not insisting to go along with his parents.

He was in a good mood, since he was eating that purple lollipop he got from Invel.

.

.

The children were playing hide and seek all afternoon.

At the moment, Gin was 'IT'.

Lucas ran around the house, trying to find a good place to hide.

Then he saw it.

A door to one of the living rooms was slightly opened; not having much time to choose, Lucas went straight into the room.

As soon as he closed the heavy door with a little struggle, a figure sitting on the red couch caught his eyes.

It was Lisanna.

She appeared to have been knitting a cloth until he arrived.

Both of them looked at each other.

Not one batting an eye.

And then Lucas heard it, the sound of light footsteps approaching the room with a mixture of Gin's voice.

He quickly ran behind the couch where Lisanna was sitting at.

It startled her. She had no idea why the heir was acting in such a manner.

Right after that, the door opened again. It revealed her nephew, little Gin. He looked like he was searching for something...or someone.
That's when she realized, they were playing.

"Hello, Gin," she said with a gentle smile.

He stared at her before answering,

"Hi"

"Are you looking for Lucas?"

"Mhm," Gin hummed.

"Well, I think I heard him run into the next room. Go check it out," She said with a convincing face.

Being a little boy, he easily got fooled and left.

.

"It's okay," Lisanna started, "You can come out now."

A few moments passed by before the little boy got out from hiding.

Getting curious about what she was doing, Lucas sat beside her.

"You look a lot like your father," she said as she finished up on weaving.

He only smiled.

"Here you go," Lisanna placed the light blue colored beanie on his head. It was her finished product, "It suits you. I guess I'll have to make another one for Gin."

Lucas was about to speak when the door suddenly opened.

But this time it wasn't the silver-haired boy.

This time it was Invel.

And as he stood right by the door, he stared at her with unsurprised blank eyes.

Lisanna just gave him the same look.
What was his problem?

He started to walk towards her, but stopped just a few feet away.

Then he smirked.

"Oh, it's you," Invel made it sound like he wasn't expecting her, "On the move already as soon as the Don and Lady are away huh."

She looked at him confused. The look on her eyes easily gave her away.

"What are you talking about, Invel?"

But rather than answering her question, he turned to Lucas and gave him a smile. She could tell it was a fake one.

"Mirajane is baking chocolate cookies. Why don't you go and have some, Lucas?"

Hearing the word chocolate, Lucas instantly brightened up and started running to the door. But before he could completely get out, Invel blocked his way and stopped him.

"Wait," He said as he got something from his pocket and handed it to the young heir, "Here's another one for you."

It was the same purple candy as before.

Being taught to be a polite boy by his mother, Lucas accepted it and thanked him before running out again.

.

The awkward silence of the room engulfed the two of them.

Lisanna Strauss and Invel Yura.

The two persons who came back to the Dragneel Family after years of absence.

Was it just a coincidence?

Maybe, maybe not.

"Who are you planning to kill this time, Lisanna?" Invel was smirking when these words left his mouth.

"What?"

"Oh stop with this innocent act. So, who is it you're targeting this time?" he continued, "Another...child perphaps?"

The instant she heard 'child', she snapped. It was as if he wanted to torture her of the sins she made in the past. 

No matter how much she wanted to forget, there were just people who wouldn't let her get away with it.

"Look, I know we were never close. Even before...that incident. I know you hate me."

"Good," he simply said.

"But you don't have the right to judge me. You don't know me," Lisanna finished.

They had a long stare down with no one planning to lose.

Then he spoke up.

His voice had eagerness and excitement in it.

"I wonder if Natsu would put the blame on you if something bad happened to Lucy...or Lucas."

"I'm not planning anything!" she shouted, her eyes started to moist.

Lisanna was holding it in. She wasn't going to cry in front of someone who didn't deserve her tears.

"But IF something would happen though...," he probed with that same look on his face, "Would he think you're innocent?"

Lisanna looked at him with anger.

Anger and hate.

But then she thought about it...that's right, would Natsu blame her? would he believe her?

She averted her eyes from him.

Looked down on the floor as her hands turned into fists.

She wanted to give him pain.

But then her conscience stopped her.
That's right, she deserved to be hated remember? Or so that's what she kept telling herself for a long long time.

She didn't spare him a look as she walked out, only slammed the door as she left.
.

.
As Invel was alone with himself in the room, a smile crept its way up to his face,

"I don't think so."