chapter five

I look at the boys and they look at each other with "the look" what was I supposed to do? I just practically told him to stop being a dick to everybody and now he's offering to take me to class!

"Um— okay?" I look at him and his face is expressionless. Something was up. "Hey Aria, I'll catch you later." Jace says pulling Ryan by the arm and dragging him down the stairs. "Ya see you later Aria." Ryan says with a smirk. What was I supposed to do now? I realize that Parker is staring at me with a sharp glare. What the hell did I do to him? Other than the argument we had earlier. "You don't have to take me to my class, I can manage." He looks at me and a smirk soon appears on his face, there we go that's what I'm talking about!

"Hey sunshine, room 141 is right behind you." He says crossing his arms while smiling. "Right I knew that." I'm a little shocked that he called me that. I give him a wave and step quickly inside. Once I'm inside the teacher stops teaching and sends me a wave to come in and sit down. Does he even care that I'm literally 20 minutes late? "Miss West, I'm glad you could join us on this fine Monday morning." He says adjusting his tie.

My face turned red instantly, people shot me glares and some chicks rolled their eyes. Me being late wasn't supposed to draw attention, it was me being absolutely stupid. "Sorry sir, I'm really sorry I was late." I look down at my hands hoping he would drop the conversation.

"Hey, he's only messing with you." I heard a voice from behind say. I turn around and see a petite girl with short blonde hair stare at me with a smile. "Ya I really hope so." I say shrugging my shoulders. "I'm Eden Winters." "I'm —."I say but she cuts me off. "You're Aria West, the girl who told Parker to fuck off, and my new best friend." She says confidently. "I did what I did because he was NOT gonna talk to me like that." I say picking at my nails.

"Listen Parker is an ass but once you get closer to him, he's a real softie." She says reassuringly. I really hope he is because I have a feeling that there's definitely gonna be a friendship happening.