chapter eight

I hear gasps and laughs as I wipe the smoothie off my face. "Wow! That's a really good look for you." I get up and stare at her until her and her friends leave the lunch room with a smirk. I grab my things and run out the door scared to embarrass myself even more. I'm walking as fast as I can before I hear someone running quickly behind me.

"Leave me alone." I look up to find Parker with a frown on his face. "What happened?" He sticks out his hand to wipe smoothie out my eye but I instantly react and smack it away. "You're fucking girlfriend happened!" I run to what I think is the bathroom and throw my belongings on the floor. I look at myself in the bathroom mirror and think, it's my first day here and people already hate me. I dig through my purse to find my phone, and in an instant my phone rings.

Lacy flashes against the screen and I quickly answer, knowing that if I don't she'll be pretty upset with me.

"Hello?" I mumble. "What the hell happened? I've been worried sick! I've been calling you all day." She says with an upset tone. I roll my eyes thinking that it's not that big of deal that I got a smoothie dumped all over my head. "Mom it was just a smoothie poured on my head, no big deal. I have an extra set of clothing in my bag."

"That's not why I'm calling, and we'll talk about that situation later. I wanted to tell you that Levi will be out of jail soon, like in 2 weeks." She whispers into the phone. "Are you kidding, Will we have to move again?" I flinch at the thought that he'll be out soon. "No we aren't moving, we can talk more about it tonight." I let out a sigh of relief, I couldn't and wouldn't move again. "Ok, talk to later." I end the call and put my phone back in my purse.

Moments later Eden runs in the bathroom with a worried expression. "Are you Okay?!" She grabs paper towels and runs to my side wiping away smoothie from my hair. "I'm fine, I'm just peachy." I turn on the sink and splash my face with warm water. I reach inside my bag to grab my other clothes. This morning I didn't plan on bringing anything, but I'm glad I did.

I go into the nearest stall and change into my leggings, maroon over-sized sweater, and my Tim's. I tie my hair in a messy bun and walk out to seeing Jace and Ryan staring at me in aw. "This is a girls restroom." I say staring back at them. "We're aware." Ryan says pulling me into a hug. My insides told me not to hug him back, but my arms were soon wrapped around his frame. "Thanks guys, I know now not to mess with him." I say pulling away from Ryan.

"She's just jealous Aria, you gotta ignore her." Eden says rubbing my arm, I just met them today and it feels like I've known them forever.