Unpleasant surprise

I'm sorry it's been a while since I've updated I just have had so much going on in the past couple of weeks. I hope you enjoy!!
_______________________________
Maya smiled a genuine smile for the first time in what felt like forever since she started college. She had just finished packing for the weekend to her parents house. She couldn't wait to get there and spend time with her parents and just forget about everything that's happened since she's been gone. No Simon, no Josh, no drama.

"You all packed?" Riley asked her as she plopped down on her bed. Maya smiled.

"Yeah I am! You going to be okay without me?" She asked Riley as she zipped up her back and place it on he shoulder. Riley smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Since you're going to be away for the full weekend Lucas is coming over and staying." Riley said blushing. Maya laughed.

"Whatever just stay off me bed." Maya replied making Riley blush harder.

"How ya feeling, Maya?" Riley asked seriously. Maya smiled and looked at her.

"I feel great. I'm so ready for this weekend break. I just can't wait to spend time with my mom and Shawn." She said genially happy. Riley smiled.

"I'm happy for you, peaches." She replied. Maya smiled as they linked hands and Riley squeezed hers. Maya let go to grab her keys.

"Alright I'll see you Sunday night." Maya said as she wished Riley a goodbye and left. She went to her car and got in putting her stuff in the trunk. She looked up to see Simon hanging in the parking lot with some friends. She starred at him for a minute debating on rather or not she should go over there.

Suddenly one of Simons friends tapped his shoulder and pointed to where Maya was starring. Simon looked up and his smile immediately stopped when he saw Maya. Maya sighed as she watched him get up with his friends and head back into campus. She got into her car and headed home.
~
"Thanks so much for letting me stay here Shawn." Josh said as he and Shawn got into his house.

"Oh yeah no problem. I'm glad that you're here. This weekend is going to be great trust me." Shawn said as he placed Josh's stuff down on the couch.

"Katy had to go to the grocery store but she should be back any minute. Which reminds me, I didn't tell her you were coming this weekend so don't be offended if she's completely surprised when she gets here." Shawn said as he went into the kitchen to grab a soda. Josh narrowed his eyebrows at him.

"Is she going to be okay that I'm here?" He asked concern.

"Of course she will be. She loves you even despite the whole breaking Maya's heart thing." Shawn said as he sat down on the couch. Josh winced.

"Yeah thanks for reminding me." Josh said. Shawn chuckled.

"What's the deal with you and Maya anyway. Are you a thing?" Shawn asked as Josh sat down on the other end of the couch.

"No not really. In fact, I'm 99 percent sure that Maya hates me." Josh said with a sigh. Shawn chuckled.

"Well I mean you did rip her heart out and stomp on it." Shawn said nonchalantly making Josh give him a look of terror. Shawn laughed.

"Look kid. As a father all I want to do is strangle you. Especially after watching Maya do nothing but cry over you for months after it happened. But as someone who's known you for your whole life, I'm telling you that everything will work out. You got a little mixed up and went after what you thought you wanted. It happens to everyone. You love Maya and one day she will realize that and come to her senses." Shawn said. Josh sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Some advise?" He asked. Shawn smiled.

"Don't ever give up on her. If you love her as much as you say you do then you don't give up on making her yours. Everyday that you see her you tell her that you love her and you show her. You do not give up. She's hurt right now but when you regain her trust and she realizes that she loves you back, I promise that it will be worth the wait." Shawn said. Josh nodded his head smiling.

"Okay. I hope you're right." He said making Shawn scoff.

""Of course I'm right. I'm always right." He said making Josh laugh. Suddenly the door opened and in walked Katy with the groceries. Shawn and Josh both immediately stood up to grab the bags from her.

"Josh!" She said shocked with a unreadable look on her face.

"I hope it's okay that he's here. He's staying for the weekend and is going to help me out with the nursery." Shawn said as him and Josh put the groceries on the counter in the kitchen.

"He's staying for the whole weekend?" Katy asked shocked.

"Yeah. That's okay, right?" Shawn asked again. But instead of answering Katy was interrupted by Maya walking through the door with the rest of the groceries. She sat them down on the couch with the rest of her stuff. Suddenly she looked up and saw Josh and her smile went into a shocked expression.

"And the plot thickens." Shawn said as he looked back and forth at Josh and Maya and sighed as he realized he should have asked Katy before inviting Josh.
_______________________________
Sorry it's kind of short also I'll try to update more often.