Together Atlast: Chapter 13

McKenzie's POV

"You have to freaking tell him kenzie!"

Jake whisper yells to me as Kyle stood in the kitchen of my apartment 'attempting' to look at the directions on how long to cook the pizza. I swear he's gonna be the death of me.

"Can you just shut up for once Jake. I'll tell him"

Its been about two weeks since the 'discovery' at kyles house. I still haven't told him yet. Why? I'm scared. I've took three pregnancy test and they were all positive. When those two lines showed up on the test my world crashed. I really don't know what I'm gonna do.

Jake has been by my side through this whole process which I'm glad for and I know what ever decision I make he'll support it. Except holding off on telling Kyle. He's persistent on making me tell him as soon as possible. I'm just afraid of what he'll do when he finds out. I so wish my mom was here.

"And when will you huh? Its been two weeks. Don't you think you'll start showing soon-"

"Showing what?"

Kyle interrupts Jake mid sentence, flopping down onto the blue couch. with an empty Gatorade bottle gripped in his hand.

"Great going Jake"

I say with a glare. He just smirks and stands up, turning around to me and kyle who had chose to sit on the right side of me.

"Why don't you let McKenzie tell you, isn't that right?"

He gives me one last look before bidding us fair well and leaving, shutting the door behind him.

"Ok what's going on? He used your full name so I know this has to be serious"

"Nothing"

I quickly lie, making him raise an eyebrow. Before he could say anything else I was out of there in a quick second and a hurry, kneeling over the toilet throwing up. Kyle was quickly by my side and comforting me.

"Baby are you ok? What happ-"

He stopped mid sentence, retracting his hand from back. By this time the nausea had gone and he was just looking at me.

"No way"

I shake my head yes, letting him know this was indeed not a joke.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

He shook his head like he was trying to stop himself from fading in and out of reality.

"I-I have to go"

Before I could process what was happening, he had already stumbled out the bathroom. My head hung low as the front door slammed shut. No way in hell this was happening. My first intention was to call Jake and that's just what I did. It rung a couple of times before our lines connected.

"Well? Did you tell him?"

"Yeah"

He must've picked up on my tone of voice because before you know it he was asking me what was wrong.

"Then why do you sound so sad?"

"He - he left"

There was silence on the phone for a good while before Jake finally talked up again.

"He just needs a little time to think ok? You just dropped a fucking baby bomb on the dude, of course he would be shocked. So just give em a little space"

I couldn't help but be annoyed with him and what he said. The one time I actually want him to be mad at kyle he wants to side with him. Like really.