Surprise!

"Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do somehing else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted."

--

We're currently traversing the lengthy hallway surrounded by glass panels connecting the main building and the adjacent conference room where we're supposed to take our first class.

"What do we have after this? "I asked Ally. She's busy typing in her phone but she managed to hear me out.

"Let me see." She dismissed her phone for a while and fetched her schedule from her bag which we earlier found to be the exact copy of mine.

"We have..literature next. This is your favorite subject right? "she asked while skimming through her schedule once again.

I gave her a warm smile because she remembered .

Literature gives me a sense of freedom.

Somehow there are no boundaries, no limits, no restrictions . You just have to be yourself and carry on.

"What about you guys? "I turned and asked my friends.

"I have trigo with Cindy and this air head over here. " Nicole gestured towards Mason which earned a very lengthy protest from him.

The rest of us chuckled.

It's actually comical whenever they fight. They're like the real life versions of Tom and Jerry.

This never gets old.

I thought as we entered the room with a smile.

---

The whole conference room was specifically styled to house the students comfortably.

The chairs were large and soft. The big screen loomed infront of us with the name of our school written in fancy italics.

'Welcome to Preston High'. It says.

Once we were seated all we have to do is wait for our professor to enter and introduce the new students.

But as we are waiting, my mind constantly replayed the scenario earlier.

For some reason, the new girl managed to occupy my mind more than what I let on.

I was intrigued by her presence.

Maybe once I finally know who she is, the nagging feeling inside my chest will finally subside.

After a few minutes, the professor finally arrived with a bunch of new students trailing behind. He introduced the them one by one.

I counted and there were nine students standing beside him.

Five boys and four girls.

My eyes scrutinized the new girls hoping to find a certain black haired girl who managed to capture my attention. But she's not apparently one of them.

Maybe we're wrong?

Maybe she's not a student? A visitor perhaps? But she's wearing the school's uniform. I reasoned.

Just as I was about to give up and force myself to forget about her and move on, the door suddenly creaked open.

Everyone turned their attention towards the entrance and once my eyes landed towards the person who opened it.

I instantly froze.

"I'm really sorry I'm late. I got lost and... "

My ears refused to absorb what she's saying.

Am I dreaming? This is a dream right? This must be a dream.

Because if it isn't, then the universe must be toying with me again.

"Isn't that... Lauren?"Ally asked beside me. She looked really puzzled.

"I thought she's only visiting here for a few days? "she mouthed one of the questions that I'm dying to find the answer to.

'You're supposed to be in the City. You're supposed to be in the perfect life you chose two years ago.' I thought.

Why now? What changed?

I didn't look back. I just started into the open space and waited for the time to be over.

For my pain to be over.

-----

Yay. Six chapters in three days. I'm really surprised. Thank you for those who are supporting this story. It really means a lot to me. I love y'all.

This is just a really short update.
But what do you think?

Please don't forget to leave your comments and suggestions.

The quote from above is from Mitch Albom-my favorite author. I just felt the need to share it with you.

Thank you for reading.

Xoxo