Chapter 21

ALEXIS

"Alright, thank you, Alpha Beth, we will be in touch with you again soon," Hudson said, nodding at me as I walked into his office. I gave him a small smile and placed his lunch on his desk in front of him.  He hung up and put his cell phone to the side before staring at the meal curiously.

"Italian drumsticks with garlic and thyme sauce," I announced before he could ask what it was. He cut into one of the drumsticks with his knife and popped the meat into his mouth. He chewed slowly and seemed to be surprised by the flavors.

"Damn," he muttered, "This is good."

"Thanks," I smiled. 

"Did you eat though?" He asked, stopping mid-bite.

"I did, don't worry."

He nodded and continued shoveling food into his mouth. 

"So did all the Alphas agree to side with us?"

"Most of them. Some are a little reluctant because they don't really know who you are. One of them even said they weren't going to war over a woman. Apparently, this is like a werewolf version of the Trojan war to them."

I groaned, "I don't want to be the next Helen of Troy."

Hudson snorted, "You're not the next Helen of Troy, Alexis. We're going to war because of your blessing, not your beauty. Besides, you rightfully belong to me. I didn't take you from someone."

I curled my lips into my mouth at his words. As much as it was nice to hear him say that I was important to him in some way, I didn't really like being referred to as a thing he got to keep.

He must have noticed the look on my face because he corrected himself, "I apologize. How about you rightfully belong with me?"

I smiled slightly, "Better."

"Just a warning, I can get a bit possessive at times. I've been that way since I was a kid. Don't hesitate to call me out if I offend you."

"As long as you're not overbearing, we're fine."

Before he could reply, the door slammed open and Boston waltzed in carrying a bunch of files. He smiled when he saw the two of us and kicked the door shut behind him.

"Oh good, I was worried I would walk in on you guys christening his desk." 

I glared at him and he chuckled, ruffling my hair, "Calm down, shortie. I know you two are too innocent–"

 Hudson cut off his statement with a glare of his own, "Why are you here, Boston?"

"I have the requests from the Deltas for funds and transfers."

"Great," Hudson muttered and pushed a few of his papers aside to make room, "This will take me forever to get through."

"I can help," I said, peering over the stacks of paper on his desk to get a better view of the files.

"You know how this stuff works?"

"Yep, I helped my dad with paperwork all the time."

Hudson nodded, "Perfect. We'll each take half then."

"I'm just going to go," Boston butted in,  "Try not to get interrupted again if you guys plan on kissing at some point."

We stared at him blankly which made him smirk, "You can't fool me. I know you two were about to kiss when that griffin showed up. The signs were there."

Hudson growled lowly and Boston winked at me, "I'm out. Have fun, you two."

Once he left, I turned to Hudson and bit my lip awkwardly at the undecipherable look on his face. 

"I'll take the half now," I said softly, snapping him from his thoughts. He nodded and pushed a small pile of files toward me. With a small sigh, I cracked my knuckles and grabbed a pen, getting ready to write until my hand ached.

***

How long had it been? It felt like we had been sitting here for hours just going over the paperwork. My mind was so exhausted from all the information it was taking in. 

"Let's take a break," Hudson muttered, noticing my frequent yawns. 

"Yes please," I whispered, laying my head on the desk with the intent of taking a long nap. However, Hudson had different ideas.

He got up and adjusted the volume on the music player so it was a little louder. Then, he walked over to my side of the desk and pulled me up gently, "Come here."

"What are we doing?" I asked tiredly, letting him grip my hand. He placed his hand on the lower part of my back and started swaying us side to side gently. I gave him a confused look to which he shook his head, "We have to get our blood flowing again."

I raised an eyebrow, "Do you always dance when you want to get your blood flowing?"

He chuckled quietly, "No. I usually go for a run. But since it's raining, I figured that it was best to do something inside."

I turned my head to the window. Apparently, I hadn't even noticed that it was raining. It wasn't pouring, but it was enough that we could hear the soft patter against the roof and window if we were quiet.

"Who taught you to dance?" I asked, bringing my attention back to him. 

"My mom. She thought that every man should know how to dance or, at the very least, know how to waltz."

I nodded and leaned my chin on his shoulder lazily. 

To be completely honest, this wasn't awkward at all. It felt natural, especially since neither of us seemed uncomfortable with being close. In a way, I believed that that almost-kiss brought us a tiny bit closer together. It was like a stepping stone to letting us touch each other without any awkwardness. 

I didn't know whether he was going to formally accept me or not, but I didn't feel like ruining the moment by asking. Plus, as far as I knew, Hudson hadn't shown any sign of resistance to letting our relationship blossom. I had a feeling that he liked the idea of us taking things slow and getting to know each other before jumping into a mateship.

Hudson pressed his cheek against mine, "The Alpha Ball is in two weeks, by the way. Would you like to come with me? We can dance with much better music.'

I laughed lightly, "Sure."

"Good," he whispered.

I didn't know if it was the music or the swaying, but I soon found myself closing my eyes and moving my head so my cheek laid on Hudson's shoulder. 

I was asleep in a matter of minutes.

Hey loves! First of all, thank you for all of your support! TAE is now #97 in Werewolf. That truly means a lot to me. On another note, what did you guys think of this chapter? Cute enough or nah? 

LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*

Nostalgia Moment of the Day: Remember when people used to forward random things to you? Like you have to forward this to ten people or you'll have a bad luck or something?