1. Playing Hard To Get?✔

Alana's POV

Alana's POV

"It hasn't reached its full potential yet, maybe add a little more essence and a pinch of sugar." Leonardo nods as I give him instructions and I pat his back for encouragement.

I walk around my kitchen proud of how far my chefs have come.  .  .  . proud of me.

"Great job everyone!" I yell and they all grin at me, offering a thumbs up.

I walk to the front deciding to deal with customers and as usual we were packed.

In my showcases laid cupcakes from normal flavors to flavours that never existed.

Chocolate, vanilla, m&m's, strawberry, skittles, cookies and cream even Jack Daniels.

Shhh, that's the adult special.

Chocolate mousse, peanut cake, milky way éclair, bacon croissant.

Everything was right there.

Surprisingly, I'm not 600 pounds yet.

Smiling at my customers, I sent an employee to break and began working.

"Hi, welcome to 'Alana's  Exotic Pastries' what would you like?" I lift my head and nearly choke on my saliva.

Curly hair, pearly white teeth at least 6'2, sharp suit and a mixed appearance.

The universe just had to be blessing my eyes today.

"Whatever you recommend, its my first time here." He smiles and I nod, not trusting myself to speak.

"Trina! The first timer special!" I yell.

"On it boss!"

"I see I met the lady herself." He states and I grin.

"That you did."

"Firm foundation you have here." He nods looking around and I shrug.

"I know."

"Very modest." He chuckles and I flip my hair jokingly.

"That will be $5.75 and it consists of, two surprise me cupcakes, a chocolate cake, one pineapple croissant and a two for one cheese wrap."

"Woah. $5.75? Are you sure?"

"What?"

"That's a lot for just $5."

"I'm trying to help the economy, not kill it." He laughs and pays me a $50 bill.

"Keep the change." I smile and show him to the recipient's section.

He was beautiful.

Oh cut it off.

A few minutes later he leaves and something in me sags when I think about him not saying goodbye.

Oh well.

--------

It's closing time and I wave to all my employees as I walk to my car. Close to the object, I find a tall figure leaning against it and I stop in place.

"Alright so before I approach you, its best you lean off my vehicle." I snap at the figure crossing my arms and they raise their hand in a surrender motion while stepping into the light.

"Sorry mam." It was the curly man from the shop.

"Oh...I apologize. And who you calling mam?" I joke and he chuckles.

"I left without saying goodbye." He states walking up to me and I raise an eyebrow.

"I don't mean to say this in a rude way but that doesn't exactly.  .  .affect .  . Me." I shrug walking around him to get to my car.

"Ouch. Playing hard to get?" He smirks looking cocky and I decide to burst his bubble.

"I never play hard to get, but even if I did I wouldn't grace such a game on somebody like you." I smile sarcastically before getting in and starting the engine. He comes to stand next to the car, hands in his pocket.

"You know, you should be a little kinder to those paying you."

"Listen pretty boy, there's really nothing left to say here. Gears have changed, I'm no longer in that shop."

And on that note I swiftly reverse and drive off.

Let the story begin.