Soldier 76 x Reader

I hold the folder closer to my body as I hear their footsteps rushing past me. I cover my mouth when they stop next to my hiding spot. Tears stream down my face as their leader starts to plan my demise.

"Find her. She has our plans and if they fall into the hand of that asshole Morrison there's no way we'll be able to take down Overwatch."

"Sir yes sir."

I wait at least 10 minutes after they leave to leave my hidden spot. I walk to the exit until someone softly yet firmly grabs my shoulders.

"Please don't hurt me. I-I never wanted this. Please just let me go."

I start to cry as I feel the person turns me to face them.

"Hey look at me. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to get you out of here."

I look at the man and see his red visor and to see he was taller than me. He slowly picks me up bridal style and runs out Talon head quarters. We make it outside and I see this helicopter piloted by this short girl with spiky hair and a mechanical thing on her chest.

"Oi 76! Pick up the pace! I don't know how much longer Talon won't see us!"

"Alright let me just put her in the chopper!"

He rushes to the helicopter and strapped me into the seat. He doesn't sit down as he stays on the open side and keeps watch I'm guessing.

~Time skip~

We reach a weird base that seemed like it was abandoned for years. As soon as we walk in though it was full of life as people were walking around, talking, and doing work. I grip the folder closer to me as 76 leads me to infirmary.

"So how long were you at Talons base?"

"I was only there for three months. I-I just wanted to find my baby sister (sister name) but then i found plans for a way to destroy Overwatch from the inside. They made sure no trace of it was on the internet or any electronic devise because someone might hack into their system and use the plan against them."

"So what you're telling me is that you have the plans that could kill all of Overwatch or Talon from the inside?"

"Y-yes."

"Then we destroy it. No questions asked."

I nod my head but I keep the folder in my grasp refusing to let it go. We make it to the infirmary and I see this tall blonde woman in a long white coat. She must be the doctor.

"Hello Morrison. I would like to tell you that you have suffered no injuries from your last mission. Also I would like to talk to you abo...Oh hello. I'm Dr. Ziegler, who might you be?"

"H-hi I'm (y/n)."

"Doctor I would like you to check this young woman to see if she has any sort of injuries."

"Well (y/n) how do you feel before I examine you?"

"I feel fine ma'am."

"Ok well let's see if your 100% ok."

She gently grabs my hand as Soldier leaves the room. I grip his sleeve as he turns back to look at me.

"Don't worry. Dr. Ziegler is the finest doctor at Overwatch and she would never hurt you. I promise."

Slowly letting go of his sleeve I let Dr. Ziegler examine me.

~Short time skip~

Dr. Ziegler says that I'm fine but that I shouldn't put myself under stress for at least a month. I go outside the room and see Soldier talking to this omnic that was floating off the ground. He turns to me, says bye to the omnic, and walks to me.

"Hey (y/n) how are you?"

"I'm good Ziegler says that I don't have any permanent injuries but that I shouldn't put myself under stress for about a month."

"Alright. Well I uh need to show you to your quarters now."

"My quarters?"

"Well yes, it's just because Talon would be after you so we need to protect you at all times. We would try the witness protection program but since they have one of the best hackers they would find you within the year."

He runs the back of his neck as I process the information. I just hold my head as I drop the folder on the ground. Soldier rushes up to me to keep me steady and I hug him. Awkwardly he pats my back.

"(Y/n) I don't know what's going through your mind but I can assure you that I will protect you and I will make sure you get your sister back. I promise."

He lightly cups my face as he looks at me. I smile at him and hug him again but this time he hugs me back. We let go of each other as he shows me to my room which has a white ceiling, (favorite light color) walls and carpet.

"So uh if you need anything my room is two doors to the left and if you need anything medical Angela's room is next to you on your right."

"Angela? Oh! You mean Dr. Ziegler. Thank you Soldier."

"Jack."

"Hm?"

"You can call me Jack. I-If you want."

I stare at the door as his hands slowly starts to twitch. I giggle happily.

"Thank you Jack."

"You're welcome (y/n)."

He closes my door as I lay in my new bed, thinking about how my life will change, and if I could go on living a normal life after this nightmare. Jacks voice started to play in my mind as I started to feel at peace. I fell asleep with a smile on my face.