50. Secrets

"I don't like her," Emily hissed with balled fists, claws digging into her palms and jaw clenched as she gritted her teeth

"I don't like her," Emily hissed with balled fists, claws digging into her palms and jaw clenched as she gritted her teeth. All of you were sitting on the rocky chairs of the palace lobby, awaiting Queen Daphne's meeting with the other politicians of Tranen to end. You couldn't help but notice that all the Traneians in power were koi. The lack of diversity made you frown. "No, I take it back. I hate her."

"Em, the only reason why you don't like Queen Daphne is because of how she... touches Jin," You said calmly as you combed your silver hair with your fingers, swinging your tail around in hopes of actually getting used to being a mermaid. Glancing upwards, you saw Jin swimming around and studying the painted designs on the palace walls, his gold tail and blonde hair making him stand out. He looked like an actual mermaid prince. "I do understand, really, but I think it would be better to control your anger."

"Sky, that darn queen was literally groping Jin! Didn't you see how uncomfortable he was?!," Emily snapped and raised her arms in the air, bubbles forming around her, veil-like fins fluttering in the water and anger was still evident in her features. "I swear, if she wasn't such an important Traneian, I would have killed her on the spot."

"Emily, you should be mindful of your words," Hoseok spoke from behind you and Emily. Turning around, you saw him in a sitting position as he floated in the water. He was holding a bunch of seashells and was examining them. "We're in Tranen. Anything you say against this kingdom's queen might be held against you."

"Hoseok's right!," Jimin exclaimed as he swam passed you, alongside Namjoon who seemed to be struggling as an orca. You then noticed that the two were the only predator fish in the group. The thunder gem bearer smiled, which was still bright despite his sharp and pointed teeth. "You should be careful. Although the queen has been kind to us, we still don't know what she is capable of."

Emily clicked her tongue. You sighed loudly, knowing that she was probably going to keep her grudge against Queen Daphne all throughout her life. Wondering what the others were currently doing, you looked around. Hoseok was still examining his seashells. Namjoon was yelping whilst Jimin, who was teaching him to swim naturally, laughed at his facial expressions. Jungkook seemed to be clenching his back, which was weird and funny at the same time because he looked liked he was gonna release poop bombs at any moment. The sight making you desperately hold in your laughter.

"Jungkook, what the neuken are you even doing?," Taehyung spoke next to Jungkook, unintentionally voicing out your thoughts. His purple tail was making multiple coils due to how long it was, pointed teeth gritted and turning downwards into a scowl. He had his arms crossed over his chest, his torso covered by a scaly textured long-sleeved top he had made himself. Obviously, the darkness gem bearer wasn't fond of exposing his skin.