23 - Playboy Prince

"What are you doing here?"

                Eli Frye did not care to speak politely to the intruder – even if the intruder was a royal prince. The Arabic Prince had 4 bodyguards with him. Every one of them glared at the man who showed zero respect for their prince. But before they could react, Malik Shah lifted his hand to stop his men from stepping forward. With an amused chuckle, Malik Shah kept his attention on me. Like a tiger ready to pounce, he smiled slowly when I didn't look away from his gaze.

"Leave" Two cold, deep voices spoke out.

                It was clear that Eli Frye did not like Malik Shah. But what amuses me more is the usually expressionless Feng Li showing aversion to the prince.

"Ms. Calla, I'm hoping we could talk business" Malik Shah ignored the two men glares while still focusing on me.

                Ever since the Aion Game event, Malik Shah had made contact with Allac. My CEO, Alexander Locke seems to be "conveniently" away for business, leaving his VP Anna Lee to handle the Arabic Prince. Since I was in the investment portion of the company, there was no need for me to be involved in whatever business Malik Shah had wanted to do. Yet here he was, in someone else turf, brazenly seek me out for "business".

"Oh?" I feint ignorance.

I know he have done his research on Allac.He should already know my role in the company. If he truly wanted to do business with Allac, he would have to go through proper protocol and meet with Anna Lee. By refusing to talk to vice president of Allac was clear indication he had other motives.

"Are you available tonight?" There was no flaw to his smiles. "Perhaps we can discuss over dinner?"

                I have to hand it to him. Confident and bold – as expected of a prince.

"Sorry, I'm unavailable tonight" I replied with my usual business smiles.

"Then tomorrow night"

                I have a feeling the man was relentless to whatever he wants. If not today, it would be tomorrow. If not tomorrow, he will wait the day after. The question is if I'm willing to play along with him. Unfortunately, I did not want to play that game with him.

"If you're not free tomorrow night, I am willing to accommodate whichever night you want"

                Smooth – real smooth, a first class playboy prince.

"Tomorrow night is good" I smiled. "No need to postpone it"

"Wonderful" His smiles would have made any woman swoon. "I'll pick you up at 6"

                Then he strode off the same way he came in.

"Fire the secretaries in the front" Eli Frye's cold voice brought everyone attention back to him.

                I understood why the cold man was being harsh. The front secretaries' job had been to make sure they greet and handle each guest properly. For Aion, their job calls for them to be vigilant on who can and cannot enter. Aion was a very exclusive technology and software company. To protect the company, every employee had to sign a nondisclosure agreement. For the secretaries to let an outsider in and without any appointment was a fatal mistake.

"Eric, you personally handle the next recruitment" No one dared to speak back as their boss stood up – his sharp eyes went to Eric Bloom.

                Eric Bloom gave a solemn nod before Eli Frye eyes went to me. I was surprised to see hesitation within his cold eyes.

"You... are serious in having dinner with him?"

                Eli Frye had asked me carefully – as if he was afraid I would get angry. Truth was, if he hadn't asked so cautiously, I would have been annoyed.

"He's..." Eli Frye was concerned. "He's up to no good..."

                I knew that from the moment when I first met Malik Shah.

"I'm not his target" I stood, realizing it's time for me to go. "No need to worry"

                Eli Frye looked like he wanted to say something but refrained himself.

"I have a dinner meeting with grandpa. If there's nothing else, I'll see you all Thursday"

                I felt relieved that no one tried to stop me from leaving.