Chapter 33: Night Flight

My altitude was at least 5,000 feet in the air, which was pretty high if you took into account that there were no buildings to land on in any near distance. The trees were only a few hundred feet tall each, so they were nothing compared to me. I looked down at them as I flew with my arms out, keeping myself afloat with some simple air magic.

     There was a large grin on my face as I twirled to the side like a fighter plane, acting like a little child playing with their toy plane. I made spitfire noises as I acted my age, laughing and giggling and plummeting to the ground when I lost my concentration from laughing too hard.

     I dove like Superman, dashed around like a little bunny through clouds, and created shockwaves that didn't break until a few seconds after I left. It was so cool that I did it many times, until I ran into some sort of creature that lived in a solid cloud that came after me for disturbing its sleep. It was an odd experience, being chased by a creature in a cloud like I was from Super Mario.

     I had no idea which direction I flew, giddy that I fulfilled one of my promises of helping someone...even though I mostly destroyed everything they clung to in the beginning...

     My sense of direction was completely turned around as I went closer to Hencia than I had ever been before, kissing the last layer of the atmosphere and flying a little into airless space before free falling back again towards my standard altitude of the 5,000 feet. I always went so much farther than I had to, just to assure myself I could.

     It was only when Hencia was about to set and Glaedis was about to rise did I realize that I had reached the ocean.

     "Ah..."

     How far had I flown?

     I wasted about five hundred MPs from my outbursts of a few kilometers per second, making me wonder how much time and energy it would take to completely run my MP counter into the ground. The total MP rose every time I recovered all of my mana from a large outburst, so I was currently at 8,670 now, rising a lot from the 8,439 I was before...

     Face it, Fir. There's no denying the cheat that you are, I was told internally.

     Ugh, but why??? I countered while sighing, landing on the edge of the beach. My toes hovered above the sand as I looked at the waves, changing colors in the moonlight with each angle they showed.

     Because you are a Deviant, the voice answered again.

     Need you remind me Takuya?

     Hey, it's not me. Does my voice sound female?

     Really? Then who is it?

     It's the other you, from before. Kaya.

     And since when am I two separate people?

     This is confusing, since we are both the same person.

     Obviously. But we have two different voices. Anyway, where did you come from?

     Takuya drew from our memories and dedicated a piece of our soul to give myself a sort of...separate conscience. We are still the same soul and person, share the same thoughts and worries, but I'm older and younger than us, in a sense.

     Older?

     I have a conscience aimed towards the persona of Kaya. I am fifteen and a half years old while you are fourteen years old plus Firea's one and a half years. You are both Kaya and Firea, the same age as me yet younger.