Chapter 31

Chapter 31-"It's no fun if we just let him know that easily."

Kiara Knight's POV

"What if dad won't agree?" I can't stop myself from asking that. We are both in his car driving to my house. After talking with Oliver, Alex and I both got on his private plane to get here. The plane ride was filled with tension. Alex assured me tens and tens of times, but my mind won't listen to me. I know dad is going to explode. I am even frightened about how mom will react.

"Then we can elope like your grandparents." I smile at his reply. "See. There is the smile that I like." His hand is over my shoulder. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I am sitting as close to him as possible and he pulled me into his lap. Now my head is resting on his chest. His warmth reducing my tension a bit. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, yet comfortably. "Don't worry. He will agree."

"How can you be so cool about this?" I cannot help but ask him. He took a few seconds to answer.

"I only get tensed when I do something wrong. Which I never do as you know. We are in love Kiara. I know I am much older than you. But that's not a crime and no one can stop me from loving you. I am not tensed about Zack agreeing us. He will one day surely." He kissed the crown of my head. "No one can take you away from me. I will turn the world upside down. Know that." I smile widely and nod.

The car stopped and I know we have reached. I move out of Alex's lap ad settle beside me closely. The security near the gate saw us and quickly open the gate to allow us in. The car went in and stopped in front of our house entrance. I huff and Alex smiled at me.

"All will be fine. I am here." He said and got down. He came to my side and opened the door for me. I came out and he closed the door. He didn't move to go inside. I stare at him. "I love you." I smile. Hearing those three words brought me the courage to fight for us.

"I love you too." I respond back. He kissed my forehead.

"Let's go in. Everyone must be waiting." He took my hand and entwined his fingers with mine. We ascended the stairs at the entrance to go in. My heart is beating fast. I hold his hands tighter. He did the same to assure me. I look at him to try and find my confidence.

We both go in to the living room. As expected, everyone is here. Even Alex's parents. William and Anthony are not here though. Maybe be they are busy. What shocked me to the core is even Hades is here. My big brother. At least he might save me. A small hope rose in my chest. I look around the room and all my brothers are here. Mom and dad are sitting on the sofa and mom is trying to calm dad down.

I notice there is another person in the room whom I have never met before. She is standing in the corner watching us all. She has blond hair and is dressed in jeans and a dark grey t-shirt. Who is she? Why is she here? They all look up once we came in. Everyone is just silent. That's it? Nothing? No anger? No shouting? Just silence?

Ace and dad shared a look. Dad looked away as if he is not convinced with something. Mom caressed dad's hand and he let out a breathe as if trying to relax himself. I feel like I have done some international crime and we are here to justify ourselves.

"Zack." I heard mom call dad slowly. He shook his head. He is not even looking at me. He must be sorry angry if he is this silent. I look at Hades. He has a neutral expression on his face. He smiled then and came to hug me. He opened his arms wide and I left Alex's hand to reach him.

"I missed you, K!" I jump in his arms and pull away after a minute.

"I missed you too. You didn't call me this week!" I accuse and pout. I want to ease the temperature in the room.