Chapter Eleven

I run full speed ahead, trying to outrun Alexander. He has been chasing me back the whole way from the set, trying to avenge this morning's prank on the boy's trailer.

Jack, Alexander, and Dayo all share the same trailer at base camp. Yesterday, Jackie came to my trailer with a brilliant idea for a prank. Four mangled set dummies and some rope was all it took to set up for our prank.

Last night, the boys decided to go out for a "guys night". This was a perfect time for our prank. Jackie and I snuck into the boy's trailer(which wasn't hard; they put the key under the loose board on the steps), and placed the items for the prank. We took three bloody, brutal-looking dummies and tied ropes to their necks. After that, we strategically swung the ropes over one of the curtain rods in the trailer and tied them all off at the door knob. It was set so that the dummies would fall in midair as soon as the door opens.

Then, after listening to all of Dayo and Jack's stories, we remembered that Alexander always went to sleep first. We took the extra dummy and decided to put it in Alexander's bed. It didn't take long to find his room, with all the weights stacked up against the wall.

When we left their trailer last night, I went to Amandla's and mine and Jackie went to hers and Leven's. I tried to stay up for when the boys got home, but they didn't get back until late. You could hear their screams whenever they walked into their trailer, though.

They did not find out who actually did it until before we left set today. Everyone was looking at Josh, since he just did a similar prank to Jen a few days before. But then Liam had shown up on set for some reason, calling to us why we went into the boys' trailer last night.

It was that fast for the three boys to realize who did that. I had three seconds before Alexander turned to run after me. I didn't see which direction Jackie went, but Dayo and Jack went after her.

Now, I am almost out of breath from sprinting for so long. Alexander seems to be keeping a steady pace behind me. I'm pissed at Liam for showing up on our set today. He and most of the others were supposed to be filming on the other sets today. They filmed the ending scenes last week and the scenes on the train, and now they have been working on the reaping scenes.

"You can't run forever!" I hear Xander call, not that far behind me. I try and pick up the pace, but I honestly can't.

I see the area of trailers up ahead. It has to be at least a mile from the set to base camp. My lungs burn as I approach it. My mud-soaked, untied shoelaces slap against my legs as I jog.

I sprint past the first trailer at the edge of the woods and see my own way up ahead. I smile and just about reach it, when I realize I no longer hear the trudging and panting behind me.

I decide to risk it and look behind me. I see Alexander is many trailers behind me, lying on the ground. He lies behind the back side of the one on the edge of the woods. Why is he just lying there?

"Xander..." I call, unsure if he will get up and sprint after me. I can see his chest slowly rise and fall, even from this distance. "Xander? You okay?"

I get no answer yet again and trot up beside him. When I get to him, I see his eyes are closed and his chest is still slowly falling. I crouch beside him, panicking.

"Oh my god, Alexander, are you okay?" I ask, expecting him to answer. "Alexander, wake up."

When I receive no answer again, I call for help. Nobody comes. They are all still at their sets.

I put one hand on Alexander's chest, trying to feel the heart beat. It seems steady and normal. I relax a little, but he still won't open his eyes. I slap his cheek a little, trying to get him to wake up.