Chapter 24

[A/N] errrr i don't even know if anyone noticed, but this whole chapter was just deleted. i'm not sure why or what happened, but i just noticed it and fixed it. like i said, i don't even know if anyone saw. but, it's here now, and kinda short sorry😅
-------------------------

*Your POV*
I woke up to a text from Betty.

To Jughead👑💖: and [Y/N] from Betty:
You guys should come over to breakfast. I have a plan.

To Jughead👑💖: and Betty from [Y/N]:
Sure. What's the plan?

To Jughead👑💖: and [Y/N] from Betty:
Basically I'm just trying to get a picture of a file that my mom has in her purse. I just need one of you to make her leave the room so I can get the picture.

To Jughead👑💖: and Betty: from [Y/N]:
Okay

I look over and see that Jug's still sleeping. Aw, he looks cute when he's sleeping. I'll wake him up the best way a girlfriend could. I turn over and grab a pillow and throw it at his face.

"Wake up." I say.

He immediately sits up, "I'm up, I'm up!" I laugh, and he calms down and sighs. "I hate you."

"Aw, I love you too. Now get up because we have to go visit Betty for breakfast."

"Why?"

"She's got this plan thing. Just read the text."

"I'll read it later. I'm too lazy right now." He gets up and we change into clothes. We both walk out and drive to her house.

I knock on her door twice.

"I still don't know why we're here." Jug says. And I just shrug.

Mrs. Cooper, er, Alice opens the door. "Hello, [Y/N], Jughead. Come in."

We both walk into her kitchen and there are four plates set out, one on each side with pancakes and syrup on them. Wow. I haven't had a meal this nice in a little bit. We all sit down.

"This looks delicious, Mrs. Cooper." I say.

"Oh, call me Alice, please." She says. I nod my head and take a bite. And it tastes delicious.

We all just eat for a little bit until Alice breaks the silence. She picks up her mug, "so, Jughead. I suppose we have you to thank for Betty's ongoing obsession," I look up at him, and then over at Betty. "with this Jason blossom ghoulishness?"

"Actually, Mom, I was the one who asked Jughead to help me write it for the Blue and Gold." Betty says.

Alice laughs, "Relax, Betty. I'm just making conversation."

I look over at Jughead while he's drinking his juice and I raise my eyebrow and then look down.

"Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?" He asks.

"Sure. I'll show you." Betty says.

"No, no. I'll show him." Alice says and they both get up, "Follow me, Jughead." They both walk out of the room. I look over.

"Clear." I say and Betty gets up and quickly snaps a picture of the thing she was talking about.

After a couple minutes they both come back. "Well, this has been really good, Alice, but I think we should get going." I say as I stand up.

Jug nods his head and grabs his bag. "Yeah, Mom school starts soon." Betty says and stands up.

"Well alright. Have a great day, you guys." She says.

"Do you need a ride?" I ask Betty.

"Sure." She says and we all walk out.

~

I meet up with Betty and Jug. Honestly, I don't even know why I'm here if they do all the work. Oh well.

I walk inside and they're already there, looking at the thing that Betty took.

"Hey.." I say.

Jug turns around and smiles, "Hey." I shut the door and go over to them.

"The Sisters of Quiet Mercy." Betty reads her phone.

"What is that? Like a church? Or a charity?" I ask.

Jug starts typing. Something comes up on his screen, "No, it's a, 'Home for the troubled youths.'" I walk up to them and look at the screen, "'Where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respect, enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude.'" I back up take a deep breathe.

"Oh, boy." I say.

"Poor Polly.." Betty says.

-------------------------
Word Count: 714