Chapter 13

Shraddha POV:
I was laying down on my bed watching tv but my phone rang which was disturbing me. I looked at the caller ID and instantly smiled. I swiped the green, and pressed the phone to my ear.

"I miss you Shrads." He immediately says and I blush profusely.

"You just saw me literally couple hours ago!" I say and he chuckles.

"But I want to see you now." He says.

"So come then." I say smiling, bringing my knees to my chest.

"Seriously?" He asked and I can tell he's smiling.

"No you stupid!" I swear at him.

"Ouch! That hurt." He frowns.

"Shut up! Why would you come? Papa will kill you and me both!" I say.

"I don't care." He says.

"Well, I do care. I don't want you to die." I say.

"Aww, is that how much you care about me Shrads? My blushing fairy!" He teases in a high pitched voice.

"No, I don't want Papa to go to jail for the murder of Varun Dhawan." I say holding the laughter back.

"Oh you liar! Liar liar Shraddha Kapoor's fire!" He teases again to make me smile.

"I am neither of those things." I say.

"You are hot Shraddha." He says in a low tone, that sends shivers down my spine.

"Shut up!" I say with a smile on my lips. I hear footsteps slowly approaching my room, so I quickly hang up the call and turn my phone on vibrate. I then put it under my leg, under the blanket hoping whoever is coming to the room will not notice. A knock on the door startled me.

"Papa, you?" I asked turning my attention to the door.

"May I come in?" He asked and I nod. He sits on the bed and I hope my phone does not ring while Papa sits on the bed. If he does, I will literally die and so will that idiot.

"I'm sorry Shraddha, for how I shouted at you yesterday at the flat." He apologizes.

"Papa, it's okay. I know you were just angry and shocked at your daughter being plastered on a magazine cover with the heartthrob of Bollywood." I say and he sadly nods.

"I just got really protective over you then. When I saw that picture, when Ayaan brought it to my attention all of your eldest sister's sufferings came to my mind. Maybe I feared the same thing would happen to you, if I'd let you stay in Mumbai and love that boy." He says and I lay my hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay Papa. I'm the one who should be sorry, I never should've raised my voice at you. That was extremely wrong and rude of me to do. You're only looking out for me, because you love me and care for me." I say and he smiles and kisses my head.

"I do Shraddha, I don't want you to go through the same fate your sister did. I care a lot about you, which is why I decided your arranged marriage is official. Your in-laws also love you, which is why it's official." He says and my heart falls and shatters into a million pieces. Just then my phone starts vibrating under my leg. I press hard on the phone, which makes my leg start shaking.

"What's that vibrating?" He asks looking everywhere on the bed. Shit, now I'm screwed thanks to that duffer calling me.

"It's just my phone Papa. I finally found it." I say with a fake smile pulling it out from under the covers.

"Who's call is it?" He asked reaching to grab my phone. "I hope it's not that boy calling you." He gets a bit serious now. I glance at the caller ID and quickly chuckle.