Sixty-six

Majid Jordan A Place Like This

Yoongi

"Why!" I bursted through the doors into fathers' study throwing a small plastic bag containing the bloodied teeth of his 'friend'.
Unfazed he glanced at the bag then moved his gaze to me.

"How fucking dare you!" I slammed my fists on the fine wooden desk. I heard the guys run in behind me out of breath after their failed attempts of holding me back. I wanted a reaction out of him but the fact that he casually stood up from his chair and blew out a puff of smoke from his cigar into my face infuriated me more.

"Son, calm down" he spoke in his raspy voice, he took the fat cigar out of his mouth and placed it into the ash tray slowly as if doing it on purpose to test my patience.

"I was doing you a favor" he shrugged putting his hands into the pockets on his trousers.
I laughed bitterly before throwing the closest thing to me towards the wall. The expensive lamp shattered and still, father looked unfazed.

"A favor?! Killing my girl is a favor?!"

"Yes, as a matter of fact it is, she's a distraction, she's a Park, she's our enemy" he spat walking around his desk to stand in front of me.

"Noㅡshe's the only person that keeps me sane, she's my girl and unlike you I'm not getting my future wife killedㅡ"

"How fucking dareㅡ" he shouted and in an instant he raised his hand but before it made contact with my face I slapped it away.

"NO! How fucking dare you do that to my Ellen!" I growled never breaking eye contact with the man I used to respect.

"I can't believe how fucking pathetic you are" he spat pulling me down by my collar so that I was about his height "a fucking woman is putting you against your family, I thought you were smarter, I actually thought you were capable of carrying my name".

"Ellen isn't putting me up against anybody. You are the one putting me against you, and I'm far from being like you father because unlike you this family is reigning over the countryㅡ that was something you couldn't do, because unlike you I will keep my woman safe and unlike you I'm not going to run and hide when things get rough!" I pushed his hands away and fixed my shirt.

"This is the last time I say this to you father" I walked towards the door where Namjoon and Jungkook were standing silently "you do anything else without me knowing and I'll make sure to take everything that's left from you".
I turned my back on him but felt his glare burning on the back of my head he was furious now.

"Son, you can threaten me all you want but when I say that I will destroy the Park family I mean it!" He growled from behind me, I never turned to look at him he could see right through me and I knew he meant his threats. He would do whatever possible to get rid of Ellen but I was not going to give him the satisfaction of my anger.

━━━━━━

Like hell I would let him hurt my girl I would deal with him first if I had to before he tried hurting her again.
"Hyung what the fuck is going to happen now?" Namjoon trailed behind me until I reached my bedroom door across from his.

"I don't know but father needs to understand I'm the head of this family nowㅡ he has no say over what happens or over any of us. He's determined to kill his enemies and will probably kill me if I get in the way" I whispered to him rubbing my temples.

"I know..." he sighed sounding almost upset "he's willing to kill all of us if he doesn't get what he wantsㅡ he thinks he's still our boss hyung."