SEVENTEEN

Alondra had the thought of homeless she couldn't shake away. She was fine the first day back, but the memories of the past year were haunting her. She couldn't forget how many times she cried, how many times she felt asleep alone, how many arguments ended in yelling matches. She wanted to forget and move on, but she just couldn't.

Sebastian noticed it after a couple of days. How from happy she had become a bit more distant again, and he tried to figure out what it was. He did eventually after hearing her talk on the phone.

"I just, I don't know Winter. This house doesn't feel like a home anymore. No matter how much we try, the feeling it's gone. I know I'm being pathetic but I can't shake it away."

He felt guilty. He was trying his best and it wasn't working. He didn't want her to leave, now specially that she was pregnant. He had fuck up once, he wasn't going to do it again.

Days passed, she still couldn't shake the thoughts out of her head. So one day he walked into the room, she was sitting on the bed with one of his shirt, with catalogs and a bunch of tabs opens on his laptop.

"So I was thinking, you know," he said while showing her the catalogs. "Since we are expanding the family, we could move somewhere else."

"Where is this coming from?" She looked at him shocked.

"I just thought that since we are having a bigger family we could get a better place to raise them," he scratched the back of his neck trying to come up with reasons.

"Sebastian we got this place back when we started trying, so I know that is not the reason," she spoke while grabbing his hand. "Tell me the truth, remember we are trying to build a better relationship here."

"I heard you on the phone the other day," he sighed and now she understood. "I know you can't stay this place, so we can get a new one."

"Do we even have that kind of money?" Alondra asked looking at the catalogs.

"Well since we aren't paying for the treatments and test, we actually do," he smiled looking over at her.

"And do you want this? If we get a new place I can't help much with moving and such."

"I do doll," Sebastian added. "We can get the place we always wanted, and I can hire people to help me."

"Okay, but then what if we end up divorcing?" She asked and his smiled dropped. "It's a possibility."

"Take a leap of faith here, please. We can make this work," he pleaded while grabbing her hands. "Trust me, let's do this."

Alondra looked at him and found nothing but love in the man in front of her. If he wanted this just like her, why not? They could get the house they always dreamed about, one perfect to raise the baby on the way. She looked at him once more before answering.

"Alright, let's do this!"

Sebastian's smiled came back to his face, bigger this time. He excitedly started showing her the ones he had marked, and they spend all night looking over at all the posible options for the new home they were building together.

     Alondra walked into one of the rooms of the house, hearing Sebastian voice fade as he talked to their realtor. She smiled as she reached the door and saw the room, her imagination running wild about how the room would be decorated when the little one got there.

They had been looking at places for the past month, but none of them gave them the feeling of home they wanted. This one though, had made Alondra dreamed about years down the road.

"Do you like it?" Sebastian asked as he approached her.

"I love it," she answered. "What did Linda said?"

"She said that if we want to there's a ninety nine percent chance we get it, and if we sign today we can probably start moving in two weeks. If all goes good, we would move completely before Christmas. Sounds good, doesn't it?" He added while wrapping her arms around her.

She nodded, smiling at him to then looking down at herself.

"Doctors said I should start showing any time soon, since it's been twelve weeks or so," Alondra smiled softly.

"Oh yeah?" He mumbled softly to which she nodded. "Then I guess we better close the deal today, what do you say?"

"I say I can't wait until we move here and raise our baby," she kissing his cheek before grabbing his hand. "Let's go, we need a deal to close."

He chuckled as she dragged him to where the realtor, Linda, was before they talking more about the deal. He loved the place, and more so that she loved it. And while he never said it, he couldn't wait until to watch his baby grow old in that house, their new home.