SYNOPSIS.

The disappearance of Will Byers and Barbara Holland sent shock waves through the little town of Hawkins, Indiana

The disappearance of Will Byers and Barbara Holland sent shock waves through the little town of Hawkins, Indiana. Even long after Will return from the grave and the police declared Barb as a runaway, people still talked about it. Everywhere you went whispers followed.

Although Vada Hammond was grateful that the dorky kid she used to babysit was alive, she was frankly irritated that no one seemed to find her uncles death abnormal. Benny Hammond did not commit suicide. The state or Jim Hopper or whatever wanna be Andy Griffin can shove that theory right where the sun didn't shine because Benny did not take his own life. It was a cover-up. Even a seventeen year old weirdo with a penchant for sarcasm and awkwardness could figure that out.

As the year went by Vada delved deeper and deeper into the mysterious that occurred in the November of 1983. Starting with the disappearance of Will Byers and that weird lab, followed by events leading up to Benny's death. Talks of a Russian weapon in the form of a twelve year old girl with hair shaved down to her scalp that Mike Wheeler miraculously hid in his basement consumed Vada's life. She would of chalked it up to a bunch of bullshit if she never met that strange girl in a dirty hospital gown the day Benny died.

So Vada complies a file of possible scenarios and clues to why anyone would want to murder Benny. Most of her theories were out there and she already faced the brute or Hopper's insult about how she insane. But hell a weird government lab and monsters sounds more logical than suicide and he knew it. In desperation, Vada ends up meeting with Murray. The disgraced journalist who may or may not be slightly bat shit crazy (his words, not Vada's). But he even laughs in her face, claiming that she didn't have enough evidence.

After a particular heated argument with her parents and threats over being institutionalized Vada has no choice to stop. She traded her binoculars for the photography club. Stake-outs for late night screenings of her favorite movies at the local theatre. Conspiracy theories and bouts of bitterness for stupid Halloween parties and harmless mistakes.

She was set on trying to move past it, and was doing pretty well. That was until she overhears Dustin Henderson ask that guy who uses too much Farrah Fawcett spray for a bat with nails in it. There was no way Steve Harrington was taking a bunch of kids monster hunting. At least not without her.

or

in which a conspiracy theoriest in the making and a guy surrounded by bullshit accidentally adopts a bunch of kids in the midst of the world ending.

;

willa fitzgerald
VADA HAMMOND
'really, steve? you want to have this fight now? in the upside down? at least i didn't let five preteens kidnap me and steal a car.'