Forty-Two

Monday, August 29, 2016

Jack

Hey Ceci. Hope all is going well there. Sounds like a rough patch for you and your family.

Ceci

Yes, rough patch for sure. I was at my uncle's funeral Friday and Saturday.  Andy's dad went into the hospital Friday.

Jack

That is a lot, too much. I don't know what that's like, but I'm sorry for your loss and hope his father recovers soon.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Jack

Ceci Ceci Ceci you fine thing! Some good news. Remember our case with video of bouncers beating my Latino kid, and I went off on the DA for suggesting we plead to a deal, then I had to apologize, and the DA was not actually a dick? Remember?

The DA, just sent this email...

Ceci

Excellent!!! What a relief for you and their family.

Jack

I know, man!  WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

His brother and friend both pled out guilty without a lawyer, without even seeing the video, but our kid hung in there for justice!

I love the DA! I'm ready to make him a judge. Almost gives me hope. Like when you hear an excellent new song, and say, "Maybe the future won't suck." Like that.

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Jack

Hey Ceci, your email this morning doesn't open.

Important update: I still have a serious love thang for Kid Wave, maybe one of my favorites. But then I heard this tune, and it must be sweet because I'm driving with the window down, and surfing the wind with my hand

(Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas by Beach Slang, 2015)

Ceci

I'll say this, you've got a type.

Jack

Admit it, girl, they rock.  And I don't want to hear any of that slanderous, "Is it from the 80's?" 

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Jack

Waiting on a pizza. We put down a dog today and buried him. I don't feel like cooking. He was Ruby's dog, "Wingnut", a little black and white corgi mix. Smart, clever, a sweetie pie. We rescued him from death row when Ruby was 6 and they were side-by-side till she left for college. He started to really slow, and last winter was stomped by a moose. He recovered, but confused, then dementia, incontinent... In the end, he was attacking and biting anything or anybody that got close, sometimes he attacked imaginary stuff, maybe an invisible moose.

One of the vets my wife works with rode a motorcycle up to our house this morning carrying a lethal dose and all the works. Ruby drove in from college. Very sad. We buried him on the lot.

I was unprepared for how sad, like I made an emotional mistake. This is the passing of a dog, not a person. All this crying. Something must be off. Thought about it for a while till it made sense. Our dogs are really happy, goofy, loyal till the end, always ready to play, and up for everything. So there was no emotional mistake. We lost a furry kid. 

[Life goes up and down, but you still get to ⭐vote⭐.]

Photo 1: Cloud Sky by tatlin, 2013 (Pixabay #97453).

Photo 2: Email, taken and owned by the authors, 2016.