7. Cho-co-late✔

Alana's POV

And we all make choices.

Everyday we make a new choice. Good or bad.

Choices that determine what tomorrow might be like.

Choose carefully.

Icing the cake, I carefully finish the flowered dot and smiled at my progress.

"Wedding cake done." I murmur to myself.

What?

Just because I make pastries doesn't mean I can't help my customers a little.

"Ms. Winters?"

"Trina."

"A gentleman by the name of Aiden is here to see you." A smile graces my lips and I soon on my heel.

"Send him to my office. I'll be right there." I take off my apron and walk to the sink washing my hand.

Upon entering my office I find Aiden sitting on my desk.

"Hi there sunflower." He smiles and stands. He grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug.

I stiffen at first because it was definitely unexpected. I relax soon enough and embrace his warmth. We pull apart and I clasp both hands in front of me staring at him.

"How about a second date?" He asks and he actually looks nervous.

"Mm, I have to discuss it with my bulldog back home." I tell him in all seriousness and he raises an eyebrow. "Kidding, kidding, I would love to."

"Ah, I assume you enjoyed yourself." He grins.

"I guess I did." I smile.

"Alright well, right now, right here, second date."

"Here? Why do you always choose the worst places for me." I deadpan and he winks.

"I'll be waiting outside sunflower." I sigh at his retreating form and shut down my laptop, closing my notes.

I step outside and find him conversing with an employee. He looked pretty serious making hand gestures and all. I walk towards him and he shoos her away. I sit in the opposite chair.

"What was that about?"

"Oh nothing." He smirks and I raise an eyebrow at him. "So tell me, how's your day going?"

"Pretty well actually, I made a wedding cake for my friend, I ate chocolate. I fell asleep in the office. I ate chocolate. My day is on fire basically."

He bursts out laughing and I stick out my tongue.

"How about yours?" I ask lean in and he shrugs.

"I'm just happy I got to see you." I blush furiously and he smirks upon noticing.

"Oh. ." I murmur.

I was about to ask him what were his plans tomorrow when Yolana, one of my waitresses arrived with something even I've never seen before. A huge chocolate cake, with melted m&ms and chocolate sauce oozing out.

"Oh my heaven. . . what is this?" I ask looking at it like it was sent by an Angel.

"Requested by the man himself. . . ." Yolana smiles and Aiden grins at me.

"I made it." He says and I freeze.

"You what?"

"I made it. For you. You said you liked anything chocolate so. . ."

"I think I'm in love." I mutter and he grins.

"Already? I'm flattered."

"Not you. This bad boy." I point to the deliciousness sitting in front of me and he snorts. "How did you even-"

"Learned it from my mom."

"Gosh your mom sounds great." I breathe.

"She is." He murmurs, smiling to himself and my lips quirk up a little.

"Can I eat it now?" I ask and he ponders.

"How about this, every question I ask you and you answer, you can take a bite, if I'm not satisfied with that answer, you can't take a bite."

"Sounds fun enough." I answer eagerly and he chuckles.

"How old are you?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm twenty three. You?"

"Twenty five." He pushes the fork into the cake and pulls it out. He brings it near my mouth and I slowly wrap my mouth around the object, pulling the deliciousness off of it and his eyes darken.

"Oh my word this is good." I moan and he groans. I smile knowing that I was the reason behind that noise.

"Thank you." He says and I nod.

Time passes and I'm almost done with the cake. He asks a good bit of questions getting to know me, and in return I got to know him.

"One last question, what was your childhood like?"

Breath hitching, I almost cringe at all the terrifying memories that crossed my mind. Not one of them good.

"It. . . it was terrible." I mumble my smile dropping and he frowns.

"Oh. . . Alana I-"

"No its fine." I interrupt sensing his guilty tone. "I've grown up now and I'm over the past."

Was I?

"Y'know, our past doesn't determine where we end up in the future."

Trust me, I know.