Caretaker [Izuku x Shoebill] (Tribute Chapter)

"Alright, where else next?" Izuku said as he finished sweeping off the dirt from the pavement around the animal habitats. He looked around, admiring the work he had just done and saw some of the animals smile, or what he assumed were smiling at him. "Guess that wraps it up for today." He said to himself as he walked over to the nearest staff office and checked out.

"Hey Midoriya! Come and see the new one we got!" Izuku looked over at one of his co-workers running up to him and smiled. "Really? What kind of animal did we find Kentaru?" Izuku said as he followed his co-worker Kentaru to the other side of the zoo. "Well she's a Shoebill Stork, we plan to get the rest of them within a few weeks so she won't feel lonely."

'A Shoebill, well that's interesting.' Izuku thought as they finally made their way to the new habitat and saw the stork now being released in. "You think people would be interested in her?" Kentaru asked as Izuku shrugged his shoulders and watched it wander around the habitat. "Well I gotta get home, make sure you check out before you leave Midoriya." Kentaru said as Izuku waved him off and looked at the shoebill's actions.

The shoebill then looked up from the ground and stared at Izuku, surprising him as he swore the animal was staring into his eyes. 'That's weird. Why is she staring at me so?' He thought as suddenly the shoebill was directly in front of him behind the fence. "Gah!" Izuku was startled and fell on his butt, still looking at the stork as she stared at him.

"W-Wow. You're just full of surprised aren't you?" Izuku asked as he got up and dusted himself off. To his surprise, the shoebill nodded at him as his eyes widened. "Well I guess your really special then." His watched beeped as it read 7:00 pm. He looked back at her with an apologetic look. "Sorry girl, but I gotta get home. I'll see you tomorrow though. Bye."

He then ran off to the staff office to change and run to the train station in hopes of getting their before his ride left. Unknowist to him, the shoebill rippled as in it's place, stood a young girl with grey and black hair on the ends, along with a portion colored like a yellow beak with a black line down the middle.

The girl wore a pair of grey short-shorts with matching button up shirt and stockings, with the sleeves and end of her shorts being black. Along with a long sleeve undershirt colored of dark grey and black gloves covering her palms. Her shoes a dark grey color and wore a light grey tie around her neck. Her eyes still staring at the spot where he was, though partially covered by her bangs, wondering about what he just said to her.

"I think...you're special too...

[Break]

"Alright everyone, apparently since the principle decided that while you all are going to be heroes in the future, you all should at least have a few events where you all act like high schoolers. So he offered us a field trip." Aizawa said as the class cheered on in excitement at the fact they had something relitively fun to do.

"Where at, who knows. That's for you to decide. So long as it's not in another city. They Kyouto and Nagasaki field trips wont be for a while. So decide amongst yourselves to where we're going." Aizawa said as he zipped up his sleeping bag and let the students to their imaginations where they should go.

'Field trip huh? Wonder where we should go?' Izuku thought as he looked around at the chaos that was brewing around class. He overheard that some guys wanted to go to Mt. Fuji to go for the hot springs. Some of the girls disapproved and offered their idea for a relaxing weekend at a five star resort.

However, Iida suggested that they attend various tours at colleges and Hero Agencies. Earning him a distastefull look from everyone, even from Izuku. "Seriously Iida?" He muttered underneath from his breath and got up from his seat and left the class to the restroom. Walking out the halls, he spotted Aizawa leaning by the side of the walls on the floor.