December 2017: The Storm

It's December 1st and time for the next #JustWriteBits challenge

It's December 1st and time for the next #JustWriteBits challenge. This month we encourage you to write up to 1200 words to the following prompt: #TheStorm.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

You (or your main character) witness a storm first hand and up close. Why, when and where this takes place is entirely up to you. 

We are looking for gripping descriptions and a story that lets us feel pelting rain and hail on our skin, strong wind in our hair and elemental fear in our hearts.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

The deadline to enter your story is Friday, 15th December, midnight UTC (24.00 h Coordinated Universal Time).

The best stories will be handpicked by our judges and earn a place in the #JustWriteBits anthology.

Your story must be in English. We currently have no other language capacities.

To submit it, publish your work on your own profile, either as a new story or part of an existing collection of short stories. Only one chapter, please.

Then post the link to your work in the comments below and fill this submission form.

Don't forget to check out your fellow writers' entries to this challenge.

We can't wait to read your stories!

This challenge is now closed.