Chapter 29

*Your POV*
He finally falls asleep from me talking. I smile. He's cute when he's asleep. And I feel better now. I go back into the kitchen and get my phone, and a text from Archie appears.

Archibald Andrewsss:
Did ya seriously just leave me on read bruh

And then I just remember that I did that. Whoops. I quickly text back.

To Archibald Andrewsss:
Haha, sorry. Jug came back after you texted, and, we got caught up talking.

I wait for a second for him to reply.

Archibald Andrewsss:
It's all good. I kind of figured.
Archibald Andrewsss:
And hey, if you want me to try to keep Betty a little bit away from him, I can.

To Archibald Andrewsss:
I'm lucky, sir to have you as a friend.

~

The bell for lunch rings, and we all go to the student lounge. Betty, and Jug are sitting on the couch, and I'm sitting across from them in a chair, with Archie and V to my right, and Kev to my left.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved." Betty starts, "They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her 'shameful condition.'"

"Please. What decade is this?" Veronica asks.

"Well also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it," Kevin looks over at her, "and that if she did-"

"She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks." Jug finishes.

"Well who did burn the car, then?" Archie asks.

"Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us."

"Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should, we should just move." V says.

I nod in agreement, "I'd be up for that." I earn a chuckle from Kevin.

Betty sighs and leans forward, "Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?"

Jug pats her back once and then leans forward. Archie looks at them, and then looks at me. I slightly smile, and nod, giving him a, "it's okay" look. He slightly smiles, too and nods. I'm letting my jealousy go away, for now. From what he said last night, I trust him.

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Archie says, trying to stop it anyways.

"Second it. We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discrete." Kevin says.

"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God: the Blossoms." Jug says. I look up and one of Cheryl's friends is spying on us... "They're the first people that he would tell."

"And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms." Sort of too late for that. "They'd, twist it around and go after Polly out of spite." The girl starts typing on her phone. I bet you a million Blossom bucks that she's telling Cheryl right now.

"How can we help? Tell us, B, and we'll do it." Veronica says.

Betty sighs and leans on her hands. I get a text from Cheryl.

Cheryl:
Hey, loser. Meet me in the parking lot I have to go somewhere and I want you to come with.

To Cheryl:
Fine. I'm coming.

I stand up, "I've, got to go. I'll see you guys later." I start walking out the door.

"What about class?" Veronica asks. I turn, shrug, and then turn all the way around and walk to the parking lot, where I see Cheryl, standing by her car.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Get in the car. We're going to the police station."

I sigh, and get in, and she starts driving.

~

"Mrs. Blossom, we've got forensics going over every inch of that car. We're this close to a break in your son's case." I hear Keller say.

Cheryl walks in on them, "Speaking of breaks," Penelope looks over to her, "what's a big one worth to you, Mother? Letting me be a River Vixen again?"

"What on earth are you talking about, Cheryl? And why is she here?" she motions over to me, and I just shrug.

"Honestly, Mrs. Blossom, I don't know. Cheryl just told me to come with her."

"Because she's my friend, Mother. Anyways, I have information you," she looks at Keller, "both of you would find interesting vis-à-vis my brother's case. But first, the Vixen's are mine. And I want your permission to reclaim them." Damn, she's good.

Penelope rolls her eyes, "Good Lord, fine."

"Merci, Maman." She looks over at Keller, "So, Ginger texted me while I was in the ladies' room. It seems that crazy bitch, Polly Cooper, escaped from some looney bin, the same night Jason's car was torched. So let me do the math for you." She puts one hand out, "Polly escaping plus," she puts her other hand out, "Polly torching Jason's car equals she's Jason's killer. Covering her tracks, trying to go underground, like the vicious, cold-hearted murdering mean girl that she is." Damn again, "Oh, and I just tweeted this out to all of my minions, so, the pressure's on, Sheriff Keller."

He looks over at me and I just shrug, again. "She's, gotta point.." I look over at Penelope, who's giving me a dirty look. I hate this woman.

Word Count: 889