13 | Control

“Your dick?”

Taehyung stared at you for a long moment before bursting into laughter. “Okay, I didn't see that coming.”

Neither did you—hardly had the words left your lips when you shut your mouth, turning away from him and cursing the absence of a filter between your brain and mouth. Should've thought twice before speaking.

Luckily for you, the boy looked, on the whole, unbothered, continuing sipping on the strangely colored drink in his hand. “Don’t worry too much about it, it's all right.” He grinned at your embarrassed expression. “However, it's not up anymore, so your answer is invalid.”

Surprisingly, his behaviour was completely different from the pleading, shaking boy you remembered from the car.

You were still unable to form a proper response after your obviously improper one, so you stayed silent, staring straight ahead at pretty much nothing. Taehyung continued drinking whatever the hell he was drinking, the corners of his full lips quirked into a smile at the edges of the glass's mouth, his eyes staying on you from the side.

“To be honest, I hadn't thought your language to be so crass,” he started, tone conversational, sounding like he was barely holding in another laugh. “Back in the lecture, you'd been so nice.” He clicked his tongue disapprovingly. “I'm disappointed.”

Baffled, you returned your gaze to his face, mouth half-open, giving off an offended air. “Excuse me?” Your upper lip twitched in discomfort and annoyance.

“Just trying to get a reaction out of you,” he said, not bothering to hide his wide, rectangular smile as he set down the glass on the counter on which he had been leaning. Letting out a heavy breath, Taehyung straightened and offered you a friendly smile. “Don't be so uncomfortable, most of the people here are actually nice.”

Sure.

As he cocked his head to the side, you found yourself marvelling at his close to perfect profile. Strong, almost square jaw, skin as smooth as a baby's. Kim Taehyung was stunning, and even if you had known that before, being this close renewed your awe at his beauty.

You still weren't sure if you wanted him to know how dissatisfied you were by the lack of social connect, but he gently touched the back of your elbow, stepping forward. “Do you want to go to Jimin?” He asked, a kind, less obvious smile on his face. “I understand if you'd rather be around someone you know, and as much of a flirty butterfly as he is, I don't think he'd leave you alone like this.”

At that, your stiff features eased, lips curving gratefully. “I can take care of myself.”

“She speaks!” He exclaimed dramatically, throwing a hand into the air, almost hitting an innocent passerby in the face. “Civilly, I mean.”

“I can be civil,” you said, rising an eyebrow. “I can be more than civil.”

“I don't doubt that.” He chuckled. “Come on, wanderer, I'll show you around.”

He didn't exactly do that, but about half an hour later, you were familiar enough with the place to at least be able to find the toilet on your own. Thanks to Taehyung, you now knew who the remainder of Jimin's friends were, but because of the rate at which they were chugging, you wouldn't bet on them staying sober enough to drive once the party was over.

Close to another drink and a whole less-than-awkward conversation later, the two of you finally ran into a harassed-looking Jimin. When he spotted you, his eyes narrowed, lips puckering into an annoyed pout, hands on his hips the way your mom used to stand at the front door whenever you were home late.