Chapter Eighteen - Picture of Delilah

It was finally the last week of school; Sam had been out of his comma for two weeks and I had no time to be near him. He distracted me quite a lot, I woudn't be able to pass my exams with him in my ear - so I stayed away. He would smile and chuckle at me when I saw him, and that's the only reassurance I needed. 

"My little girls all grown up," My mum muttered against my cheek. Today was my 18th birthday and I had a couple of friends round. 

"It's not like I'm going anywhere," I pushed her away awkwardly. "University isn't for another three months." 

I haven't heard back from my chosen Universities yet, and I was starting to panic. Mainly because I didn't want to leave Sam, when I leave, we're legally able to date and that made me feel so much better about us. "Izzy!" Squealed Delilah as she ran towards me. 

I caught her in my arms and we spun hastily; "Hey." I grinned.

"It's been ages. You've had no time for your best friend." She fake cried, tickling my sides as I dropped her down. 

"Hey!" I gasped. "I always have time for you." 

"Yeah well you better, because I applied for Oxford University too." I gapped at her, unable to hold back my smile. 

"You did what?" I chuckled. "This is the best news ever! But I thought you wanted to go to Cambridge."

"Well yes, I applied for that too, but if Oxford takes me and it takes you too." She paused. "I don't want to be away from my best friend. I hardly made it through high school when you weren't around."

"You're just cheesy." I shoved her playfully and ran off laughing. She started chasing after me, yelling all the words under the sun as we slid round corners and stumbled around the whole house - there was only room I hadn't been that Delilah wouldn't enter. Sam's. 

I took a right after passing my room and slammed the door shut, locking it and chuckling to myself. She couldn't get me in here, she wouldn't even think about it. "What are you doing?" Sam muttered.

I jumped helplessly and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "I'm sorry, I'm hiding from Delilah."

He grasped my shoulder and turned me around, slamming my back against the door. I wept as he stared down at me with an apologetic look. "I didn't mean for that to hurt."

He placed his forehead against mine, keeping one hand at my side and the other in his hair. He yanked at it in frustration with his eyes closed. I couldn't blame him; I had been avoiding him for a while because of my exams, and he knew that but didn't want to expect it. I felt just as much sadness as he did. "It's ok," I mumbled. I looked up through my lashes and he half smiled.

"I've missed you," I admitted. You'd think we'd see a lot of each other inside the house; and we did. At dinner time and when we randomly passed each other in the hall. 

"This is killing me," He whispered. I felt hot air fan my cheek. "But we have to give you time to pass your last exams." 

"I only have two more," I pulled him closer to me. "I'm sure I can concentrate."

"No." He shook his head. I looked up at him and let out a small pout - I knew there was one thing that he couldn't resist, and that was my 'puppy dog' face. "Izzy," He sighed.

"Just be quiet." I groaned. He stared down at me and was just about to reply when I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his. He relaxed against me and moved his lips with mine, biting at my bottom lip. I let him have access as I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me up into his arms; I placed my legs around his waist as he pressed my back against the wall.