a friend

"Pssst. Ezra wake up."

The boy roused and opened his eyelid a fraction to see what was going on. Sabine was standing over him, a hand on Ezra's shoulder.

"Not creepy at all that you're watching me" the boy muttered with small smile.

"Listen, someone is with Kanan and Hera but I don't recognize him. He has a white beard and is bald."

"Is it Santa Claus?" Ezra inquired. 

"No, at least I don't think so. Come and see."

Ezra got out of his bed and followed his sister down the stairs. They slipped behind the corner of the wall and looked out. A man was sitting on the couch with Hera and Kanan. He was dressed in a black hoodie with jeans and boots. His beard and mustache was pure white while the top of his head was bald. The adults didn't notice the children and continued to talk.

"Huh your actually right. He does look a bit like Santa" Sabine muttered to her brother.

"Who do you think he is?" Ezra asked quietly.

"A friend of mum and dad's maybe?"

Hera suddenly looked over and gave a small wave.

"Good morning you two" Hera greeted.

"Sleep well?"

The two children nodded, eyeing up the man in the room cautiously.

"Oh, there's no need to be afraid you two" Kanan told them.

"This is Rex, he's an old friend of mine from school."

The kids glanced at each other before hesitatantly stepping into the lounge.

"Hey you two. Ezra and Sabine right?" Rex asked.

Ezra and Sabine nodded without speaking.

"I heard you have a special bond with a particular wolf Ezra? Mira was it?"

"Yeah. We get along pretty well" Ezra replied.

"I named one of the male wolves, I called him Cody" Rex told him.

"Which one is he?" Sabine inquired.

"Did you see a wolf with a almost green tinge to his fur?"

Both siblings nodded.

"Well, that's him."

"I thought there was something odd about his fur. Do you know why it's like that?" Ezra asked.

"I think it's because he's been rolling around in grass since he was a pup. It's rubbed off on him" Rex replied.

"Guess that makes sense" Sabine nodded.

"Why don't you two go get changed?" Hera suggested.

"Rex is only here till two and its nine thirty now."

"We slept in that late?" Ezra stared.

"Oh believe me that's nothing compared to Zeb. He's normally asleep till ten or eleven" Kanan rolled his eyes.

The next chapter will probably be about Ezra and Sabine bonding with Rex.

See ya!

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲