Chapter 2: My Precious Royal Jewels!

Kai Fangua's POV:

Taking in a deep breath, Kai Fanghua looks at the handsome man full of spite, ready for his next mission. Taking his fan, he covers his mouth, hoping to appear much more feminine and cute. However truthfully Fanghua was hiding a sinister smile. 

He had a whole stash of special pills he could drug him with. Which one would be best. 'The pill of living death?' or perhaps 'The Rising of The Stick.' He smirks at that one. But no, he needed something with more effect, something more...humiliating. 

'Birth of the Squawking bird?' Yes! That is the one! He had never had the opportunity to try it before but the man who sold it to him had boasted of its tremendous power. Smiling in anticipation, Fanghua discreetly reaches into the folds of his beizi as the man gives the stallholder his regards for giving him the book. 

Unlike other pills that needed to be consumed, this one had to be crushed then blown onto the victim's face. If he really went through with this, he had to make a hasty exit and never return for the man will surely remember the face that caused him such humiliation.

Pouring the powder into his palm, he gets ready, his heart thudding. As the man finishes talking, Kai Fanghua pulls on the man's sleeve to get his attention. His handsome head turns towards him with curiosity, causing Fanghua to inwardly curse. You got this Kai Fanghua.

Just think of the money. The glorious money and the vengeance that comes with it. Vengeance for him taking away your precious book and spoiling your plans.

" Master... I have a secret I must tell you that is deeply worrying me. Will you please come closer," Fanghua utters with a quiet voice, his lips pouting. His brows furrows in confusion as he edges closer.

Fanghua purses his lips, moving his head towards the man's ear, pretending as if he was about to whisper something to him. He closes his eyes, trying to shut out his ever so beautiful face. A move he will forever regret. Just as he was about to blow the 'Birth of The Squawking Bird,' powder on his face, a sudden force crashes into Fanghua and he is sent flying sideways.

Winded, he rubs his back, wondering what on earth had just happened, only for a squawking sound to interrupt his thoughts. Was it successful!? He open his eyes, only to be horrified at the sight that greeted him.

A woman was sprawled on the ground next to him, a dazed look on her eyes before squatting on her two feet. She then proceeds to dip her head back and forth, her arms flapping around her like wings. Oh pangu, oh pangu, oh pangu. What has he done.

"Squaaaaaawk. Squawk Squawk. Squawkkkk."

 Her shrill squawking catches the attention of the many people around them as they start to chatter and point at her. It was only supposed to last around 2 minutes. He had failed and must immediately escape. Just as he was about to get up and bolt away, a strong hand pulls him up and he is greeted by a scowling face.

A handsome, scowling face. Oh no. He drags me away from the crowd and the unfortunate squawking girl to an isolated corner. Please tell me he did not realise.

"You..You tried to drug me?!' he asks with anger and disbelief, his eyes flashing red. Oh Pangu! Help. "Are you telling me that if that man had not bumped into you, I would be imitating that, whatever on earth tha-"

Slap. Kai Fanghua gulps, staring at the red mark on the mans beautiful cheek, feeling the tingling sensation on his fingertips. Did he just...slap him?! The man takes a step back, winded, dropping the money bag that was concealed in his sleeves to the floor. Yes! Before he could react, Fanghua grabs the money back and was just about to make a run for it. However the man with the speed of lightning, grabs his beizi, pulling him back. Turning around with fear gnawing at him, Kai Fanghua in a state of mind with no rationality, picks up his skirt and does the only thing he could do.