Chapter 1

''We have to go before they find us,'' Sam, one of my bodyguard said with a sense of urgency, urging me to leave.

'' But we can't just leave like that. '' I continued.

''We can and we will. We promised to take care of you and we will even if you are standing in the way.'' Jonathan said pulling me out.

'' But we can't just leave. Everyone here has been kind to us. We can't just abandon them when they need us." I continued

''Find her and when you do bring her to me. I'm going to end her.'' she promised.

This was the voice of the person that was hard bent on killing me. She haunted me not only physically but in my dreams too.

''We have to go now.'' Sam said with an urgent tone and this time I dared not utter a word.

We were currently at the secret passage filled with endless stairs and it was really dark and creepy. They were both holding a torch so we had a sense of direction and vision. We walked fast and when we reached outside the tunnel we saw three horses stationed outside. We got on it hastily and rode quickly even though we had no idea where we were headed to. We weren't safe anywhere. The only place I thought I was safe in she managed to get me there too. It has been like this for two years now. Her chasing me to kill me and me running for my dear life.

It wasn't like this before. My mom used to tell me stories of how the world was such a good and peaceful place but now it was filled with war. No one could sleep with both eyes closed for fear of being killed in their sleep. People like her terrorized the feeble and no one could say anything about it. She killed anything or anyone not considering the age or anything.

Her main purpose was to control the world and kill anyone who stands in her way. I'm not standing in her way though. I actually don't care what she does, I only complain to myself. I don't know why she was hell bent on killing me but then I remembered.

I have no idea why she thinks I'm powerful enough to kill her but I think it's either kill or be killed. But who could try to kill her?

I can't do anything to hurt her. She's way more powerful than I am and I am so scared of her I wouldn't want to even go near her because she won't hesitate to kill me but I'm just hoping that someone brave enough would and save me the stress of running for my life.

"Where do we go to? " I asked as we stopped to rest.

We were currently in a cave where we would be spending the night. I know we have no where to go and no one to turn to cause the instance we turn up to someone they'd turn against us and that wouldn't end well for any of us.

''I don't know. '' Sam answered. "We can run all our lives as long as we protect you cause if anything should happen to you there wouldn't be hope for survival and we can't let that happen. We need you."

"I told you I don't believe in that. Why couldn't I do anything when she killed mom and dad. Why can't I do anything anytime she shows up huh?" I asked angrily. "I'd like you guys to stop building false hopes cause I am nothing compared to her. She would end me without even blinking her eyes."

"You've got to believe." Jonathan urged. ''You're our only hope to end this suffering. Everybody's looking forward to you to end this."

''That's exactly what I don't want. I can't handle it. She's going to kill me, I couldn't do anything to her today what makes you think that I'd be able to tomorrow?"

''We believe in you and the moon goddess. She'd protect us through you." Sam said.

'' Let's just call it a night." I said tired of the argument. This wasn't the first and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

I possessed the greatest gift but I wasn't going to use it. I'm not going to be what everyone wants me to be. I have a life also sadly the one I can't get. I've always been protected from the outside world by my parents. I wasn't allowed to go outside or attend any function. I only did once a year to celebrate the moon goddess and that was with a lot of people and guards. I've always hated it cause I didn't have friends, I couldn't even go to school and thus homeschooled. I hated my parents for doing that because I felt restricted and imprisoned.

Yes I got everything I wanted but some things were never enough. I wanted to see life beyond the walls of my room. I wanted to experience life like anyone would but I couldn't and now that I'm free I'm not enjoying the freedom. Just wishing I was back in my room, I would even lock myself up this time and I wouldn't argue with my parents when they told me to stay inside. But sadly I can't do anything like that. Sometimes I wished this was a dream and I would wake up from it but I know now that it's reality. The harsh bitter reality. A nightmare that no one knows when it would end.

If I really could end it I'd have done it since but I can't do anything and it's sickening. To have a lot of people looking up to me, believing in me when I don't even believe in myself. I don't want to hurt or disappoint anyone. I know that one day I'd have to work towards fulfilling destiny because it would come to a point we all would be fed up and wish for death but I couldn't take it up just yet because I am scared.

I am scared that I would let people down. Scared that I won't fulfil the prophecy and die then have no one to take care of the people subjecting them to suffering. I wasn't going to do anything, not until I am brave and powerful to take on her knowing I would win. I wasn't going to take chances with loosing because me loosing signifies failure and suffering and I didn't want any of that.

Hey guys,

This is my first werewolf story I know it doesn't seem like one yet but it is. I've been reading a lot of werewolf stories and they seem to be fascinating so I wanted to give it a try. Sorry if there seems to be any errors in the cause of writing. I would really like it if people read the book, vote and comment. I really need suggestions and I want to know what you think of the book.
Thanks for reading, it means a lot to me and I hope you'd like it and stay glued.
Love y'all 😍

Please check out my other books, Undeniable Attraction and When Broken Hearts Love. Thanks 💜