Learning something new

When I woke up I went to see Korra and I learned that she had left to find some airbenders. I learned that Tenzin would be comin back with them the next day so I had breakfast with Meelo and the others and then left for work. I came back the next day to talk to Tenzin and the others. After awhile I left for a walk. After my walk I walked back to the Air temple. I arrived to see Bumi training with some of the new airbenders and Iroh talking to Tenzin. I smiled as I watched them train and thought of when I first trained with Lord Zuko. I smiled as I watched a older man train and saw he was skilled in airbending.

"That's Yorru he is really cool." Ikki said smiling at me.

"I can tell." I said with a laugh.

"Hey can you show me some firebending stances!" She squealed.

"Of course." I said with a smile.

I showed her how to stand when getting ready to attack and then I made a small circle of fire before punching threw it and make it expand. I watched as she followed my lead and I smiled as I quickly flipped my body and spun around allowing small sparks to fly from my finger tips. I landed on my feet and dropped to the ground spinning my feet with my hands and making sparks fly. I stopped spinning and flipped to land on my feet and turned to see Ikki trying to do what I did. She fell and looked at me with a smile.

"How did you do that?" She asked shocked.

"Balance and peace." I said softly.

She looked at me confused and I smiled happily.

"I balance myself physically and mentally and I find peace deep within myself." I explained.

"Can you show me?" She asked softly.

"I can try but the first thing you have to do is stay still for about a hour." I said with a smile.

"Okay let's do it!" She exclaimed.

I smiled as she set in front of me and I quickly set in front of her.

"Okay clear your mind and listen to the music." I said taking a deep breath.

"Music?" She asked confused.

"You will know when you hear it." I said with a smile.

I closed my eyes and listened to the birds, the wind, and the leaves on the trees. I sighed softly and stood up slowly, after I had set there for almost thirty minutes, before spinning around softly and quietly moving my feet around in circles.

"Allow the music to control your moves." I said softly.

I opened my eyes to see Ikki following my lead. I smiled softly as I stopped moving and watched her.

"Now open your eyes." I said softly.

She opened them and smiled happily as she saw that she was copying what I had done.

"If you can find that peace inside yourself you can do anything." I said with a smile.

She ran and hugged me happily. I turned to see everyone watching me.

"How long have they been watching us?" I asked her softly.

"Since you stared." She said with a laugh.

I smiled down at her as she dragged me to follow her over to Tenzin and Iroh.

"Sir." I said annoyed.

"How did you learn all of that?" Tenzin asked with a shocked expression.

"Lord Zuko was my teacher in the art of firebending but my grandmother taught me how to listen to everything around me and I just quickly learned the rest." I explained with a smile.

"Could you help me show that to the new airbenders?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course." I said with a smile.

He quickly hugged me and then walked away to tell the others. That afternoon he had me help the airbenders. I showed them some of my moves and then helped them make their own moves and find balance and peace. After everyone left I slowly set down and listened to everything around me.

"You can come out now." I said with a smile.

"How'd you know I was here?" Yorru asked with a smirk.

"I may not be a earthbender but I can hear your footsteps Zaheer." I said with a smirk.

"So what gave me away?"

"Lord Zuko warned me that you had been able to airbend I realized you would come here in search of Korra.... you must be a fool to think any of us won't stop you." I said standing up.

"I know you will try but..... I already have it planned.... I'll just kill you." He said as he attacked me.

I dodged his attacks and attacked back angrily. I quickly forced him out a window and attacked him. He fought back but soon ran when Kya made it out and started to help me.

"Who was that?" She asked softly.

"Zaheer of the Red Lotus." I said as I walked away.

The city was closed off and everyone was checked to see if they where there and if they tried to leave. I knew that they had escaped so I contacted Lord Zuko and explained what had happen. I then made my way to leave, but was stopped by Iroh.

"What can I do for you Iroh?" I asked softly.

"Am I really that bad of a general?" He asked softly.

"I'm confused." I said softly looking at him.

"I over heard some of your talk with Korra. Am I really that disrespectful and do I really act like I'm all that?" He asked softly.

I burst out laughing as I saw him look at me confused.

"I was messing with Korra...... I didn't want to listen to her talk about me liking you so I lied." I said in between laughs.

"So you don't think I'll be a horrible Fire Lord?" He asked hopefully.

"I think you will be a great Fire Lord as long as you stop bossing everyone around and start working with us other Generals and respect us." I said smiling at him.

"Thank you General." He said softly as I went to leave.

"Oh and stop calling me General.... Rey is just fine." I said looking at him from the corner of my eye with a smile.

I turned around and hoped onto the Flying Bison and left to meet up with Lord Zuko and the others.