Chapter XXXIV

After feeling so ungrateful and a lot of harsh words later, the school has finally ended and I can't believe I survived another day from this hell hole. 2 more months and we're off to finals and I can't for the summer to begin.

I stepped out of the school and sat on the benches outside, waiting for my mom to pick me up. She usually picks me up at around 3 PM because it's her lunch break, then we get to go somewhere and eat instead of me going home and taking the bus.

I waited for her and saw a bunch of students leave the school. I bring out my iPod and started listening to some music to kill the time. I wanted to dance so bad but I can't because I already embarrassed myself way too much.

I waited for a solid 30 minutes and I nearly fell asleep on the bench when suddenly I heard a loud honk, knowing that it was my mom's car. But just as I was about to stand up, I saw my dad come out of mom's car?

Am I dreaming or what? I looked at the plate number, and I scrunch my eyebrows since I memorize my mom's plate number, it's actually not mom's but dad just went out of that exact same car that my mom has.

Is he really... I can't even believe that I'm about to think about it. Let's just say I'm wrong or maybe I saw a wrong guy or maybe I need to wear glasses.

"Honey!" He shouted, I then look up and his arms were open wide to welcome me? I then stood up from the bench, is it really him?

"Dad?" I said as I try not to cry in front of him. I started walking towards him, the feeling of excitement of seeing him once again made me feel so much better. I was about to run but then...

"Daddy!" A familiar voice said behind me, I then stopped walking and took a glance at who it was and I can't believe that this is happening, must be I'm just dreaming.

"Emily, I miss you so much, darling."

Seriously? Is he... cheating on my mother and he already has a daughter with someone else? The same age as I am? The same grade as I am? The girl who bullied me in my first-period class and the most popular kid in our school, Emily?

Emily is... my half-sister?

I felt like my world just started crumbling apart as I felt my knees shaking, begging to rest because It can't handle the pressure that I'm witnessing right now and as much as I want to forget about this, it will just keep on haunting my dreams and I can't just ignore it.

They soon went inside the car and left. I was the only one left in school, I felt so lonely. I stared at the parking lot where dad parked his car the same as mom's and went to hug Emily, my worst nightmare which I knew at that moment that she was my half-sister.

My eyes started blurring because of the tears that are now forming, soon enough I felt the tears trickle down my cheek and I just can't believe it. I can't accept this. This is too much right now, too much information.

My mom's car soon enough appeared in the parking lot, she saw me and I know she did. She went out of her car and started rushing towards me as she bends her knees. 

"Baby, what's wrong?" She asked as she wipes away my tears using her thumb, she looks devastated seeing me this sad and I know she has the right to know about this.

I pulled her into a hug and started bawling my eyes out, knowing that I might feel better if I let it all out. She started patting my back and started shushing me but I still can't and won't stop crying.

"Tell me, Momma's here for you baby," She said as she pulled away from the hug as I keep on crying while looking at the floor.

"Dad's been cheating on you and I saw it with my two eyes," I said as I felt the lump that is now stuck in my throat.