One Way or Another

Harry's POV

For the past five days, I'd been on top of the world. I spent my days writing music, attending meetings or organizing things for my album, and my nights hanging out at home with friends or talking to Hailey on the phone.

I loved that things seemed to be normal between us even though we were apart, and even though I hated the idea that I might not get to talk to her for so long, I was just glad that I could call her and talk to her about my day if I wanted to. I still felt a little awkward at times, unsure of what I could or couldn't say to her since I didn't know where we stood in regards to our feelings for each other, so I tried to make sure I stayed well within the friendzone so I didn't make her uncomfortable with my feelings for her.

I knew she'd been going through some ups and downs in regard to her leaving, and I knew all too well the anxiety that came along with leaving your family back home while you travel the world. I did my best to be supportive, to tell her how much fun she was gonna have, and I just hoped that she didn't get too homesick while she was gone.

"Alright, so let's just confirm the schedule for next week then." Jeff said as he sat down across from me at my kitchen table with his tablet in his hand.

"Shoot." I said as I took a sip from the water bottle in front of me.

"Okay so Monday you've got a meeting with some producers to discuss your vision for the album so you can choose one and start to discuss strategies. I wanted us to get together with the marketing team to discuss how we want to promote it when it comes out, I know it's a little early but I think if we wanna book some of the major TV shows and what not we need to get ahead of the planning."

"Sounds good, I wanna get all this stuff outta the way so I can just focus on the music." I said, eager to cut through all the red tape and bring all the writing I'd done to life.

"I know, have you decided about where you wanna do it? You still thinking about Jamaica?"

"Yeah, I think that would be best. I wanna just be away and do nothing but write. There's no paps there or friends calling me to go for dinner. I really wanna do this the right way."

"Alright, I'll look into renting a house there and booking studio time for a couple months." He said in agreement as he tapped away on his tablet.

"The execs from Columbia are flying out here on Wednesday morning to go over their part in things, once everything is sorted with them you'll be free to just make the music and not worry about anything else." He emphasized for the millionth time since he'd told me the first time. "I know you know how important this meeting is, Harry."

"I know, Jeff. Just make sure we're done by 11:30." I instructed him, reminding him that I needed to leave enough time to get across town so I could meet Hailey for lunch at 1.

"I've set it up for 7:00am, I think that should be enough time. I've made it very clear that you are unavailable after 11:30 and have another engagement. I tried to get them to come out the day before but they couldn't, so they're taking the red-eye. It shouldn't take that long, we'll probably be done early. Don't worry, I'm not gonna let you miss out on your time with Hailey." He smiled.

I just nodded, glad it was taken care of as Jeff went on about the rest of the week and what I'd be up to. I was so thankful that starting next week I'd be able to get down to the good part, choosing my band and actually starting to put music to all the lyrics I'd come up with. For the first time in a long time I'd started to become more excited about my album than nervous, and with Hailey coming to see me I finally felt like everything was just falling into place.