Chapter 12

Lily Clairmount:

Nathaniel quickly stopped laughing when he noticed all eyes were on him. I closed my mouth from the shock and gave him an encouraging smile. 

Finally he decided to answer my question, "If it wouldn't be much of a bother than I would like to stay here with you."

He kept his eyes trained on my face as if we were striking up a business deal. Before I could grow uncomfortable Damon spoke up. 

"If you are to stay here then you'll need training," he said before taking a sip of his aged medicinal mulberry wine, "I will help you with your Magic."

Nathaniel shot a glare at Damon but my brother merely had an amused look on his face. Damon would be the perfect person to help Nathaniel with his magic. I'd noticed earlier that the markings on his body, although not as deeply colored as mine and Damon's, had already begun taking shapes. From what I could note, he'd have some similar magic to my brothers. 

"How can you help me," Nathaniel questioned with distrust. 

"You hold two Magical Elements that I also hold. Except I've also got a third, Fire. I wonder if you'll surprise us by unlocking another at the time of your testing age. It should be in a few more years by the way you appear, correct?"

"I'll be 12 next year." His face deadpanned as he shot a deadly glare at Damon. I sputtered. 

Hadn't he been only a few years older than Helena in the game? He was tiny enough that I'd assumed it were true but .. could it be that he'd not gotten help in the game so his body took longer to mature? Was that the reason he lied about his age in order to attend school? A lot of things were running through my mind so I'd missed what was said. 

"Lil?"

When I glanced over I saw Damon looking at me with a questioning look. 

"What was it? Sorry I spaced out for a bit there."

"I was just making sure you were fine with me taking over his training."

I gave him a smile. "I trust you to keep him safe and help him navigate his path to adulthood. As long as Nathaniel agrees to it, I see no problem with it. How do you feel about it," I asked Nathaniel as I turned my face towards him. 

Helena stayed quiet next to me and when I gave her a quick glance I saw her chewing her lip in thought. I gave her fluffy hair a stroke before returning my attention to the boy across the table. 

Nathaniel was sizing up Damon as the latter simply stared back while leaning back in his chair sipping his wine. 

"I accept your challenge."

What an odd way of simply giving an affirmative to having Damon as his teacher. 

"Eh~ Where's my 'teacher' title? If I am to teach you than I'd need to be your teacher correct?"

The boy gnashed his teeth grumpily, much like an angry kitten in my view and I had to cover my mouth to stop from laughing. 

"Teacher," he mumbled as his hair fell across his face. 

"Hmm? Did you say something child?"

"I accept the challenge, Teacher," he growled a response before standing from his chair. "Is there a room for me to get rest in or should I go back to the room I was in previously."

He gave me a side smirk or smile? I couldn't decipher the look but chose to respond in kind. "I'll take you to an empty room. Helena will be next door so if you get bored after training, you could always bother her."

I poked Helena's little cheeks while chuckling. "Mommy, I don't want him sleeping in that room. He's got germs."

"Well, everyone has germs Helena. That's the point of living though. If you're not out collecting germs than you'd probably only ever be mediocre. So it must be a compliment that Nathaniel has germs that are so noticeable huh?"

She stomped her foot and pouted. "Mooooooom, that's not what I meant."

Nathaniel watched us from beneath hooded eyes but chose to not respond. Damon on the other hand walked over to us and picked Helena up before wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my cheek. 

"It was a pleasure having dinner with everyone tonight."

"Your daughter was very sad that you've been gone for so long," I gave him an amused look, "You should properly spend time with her before heading to bed."

"Would you like me to read you a bed time story, princess," he blew raspberries into her neck as she giggled. 

"Ah! Daddy stop it! That tickles!" 

I began leaving the two as I gestured for Nathaniel to follow me. He seemed slightly angry about something but since I knew he'd probably not give an answer, I chose to simply lead him to a room. 

While walking I couldn't help as a shudder wracked my body, raising bumps across my arms. I turned quickly to look behind me and only saw Nathaniel, whom I skimmed over before searching the hallway. Not seeing anyone I shrugged it off and continued to the bedroom close to Helena's room. 

Inside was almost a replica of Helena's except as soon as I walked inside the coloring of the nature element furniture changed to a more neutral color. It was rather easy to do this with just a bit of my magic. 

"Do you like it," I asked without turning around as I continued to check to see if there was anything he'd probably need. 

Suddenly tiny arms wrapped around my waist as a face buried itself in my bare stomach. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but I quickly wrapped my arms around him as well. If a child who'd been abused took the initiative to engage in skin contact it was best to not reject them. It could be more damaging on their psyche to be refused as such. 

"Yes," he breathed out as he relaxed his body against mine. 

I realized he'd been tense the entire time we'd eaten dinner but finally loosened the tension within. Before I knew it, he begun to slump down my body but I quickly caught his tiny form. 

He'd fallen asleep. Picking him up, I set him on the bed and used a folded blanket to cover him up with. 

"Find happiness, Nathaniel." I placed a kiss on his forehead as I brushed the hair from his face and made sure the lights were out before leaving. 

A/N: Well I had inspiration to write another chapter but now my hands hurt from typing so much.