Chapter 10

Luka walked from the bathroom to his bedroom. He took two hours in the bathroom for shaving and showering. His was starting to grow stubble on his face and it was getting annoying.

It was probably 8 or 9 in the evening by now and the others would've been asleep by now, he thought. So he tried to be as quiet as possible passing the girls' room to his. He didn't really like having the room at the end of the hall and sharing with his kid brothers but it was better than living by himself for over a month outside.

He changed into pajama pants and nothing else before collapsing into his bed but spent an hour tossing and turning, not being able to get comfortable. But just as he started falling asleep, a blood curdling scream. He jolted awake just as Blaze and Mekhi did. "Luka?" Blaze asked in a scared voice. "You two, stay in here." Luka said and ran out into the hallway and saw the girls' room open.

He ran over and saw Pierce and Cordelia sitting with Olivia. "What's wrong?" Luka asked. Cordelia looked up at Luka. "She just had a nightmare." She said over Olivia's crying. "Take Rose to our bedroom." Pierce told Luka. Luka blinked for a second before walking over to Rosalia and grabbing her to take her to their parents room. "What's wrong with Liv?" Rosalia asked as they entered their parents' room. "She got scared from a bad dream. She'll be fine once mom and dad calm her down." He told her before tucking her into the bed. "Are you sure?" She asked. Luka nodded. "Yeah. Just try and sleep, k?" He asked before kissing Rosalia's forehead and walking back into the girls' room.

Olivia was still crying and Pierce and Cordelia couldn't calm her down. "It's okay, princess. It was just a bad dream." Pierce said, cradling her in his arms. She kept crying until she looked up at Luka. She reached out to Luka. "Luka." She sobbed. He slowly walked over to the bed and gently took Olivia out of their dad's arms and gently rocked her until she calmed down. "It's okay." Luka said and rubbed her back. Olivia rubbed her eyes. "You think you can sleep by yourself now?" Luka asked her. She shook her head no. "Wanna go lay in my bed for a little then?" He asked. She nodded. "Okay." He said and walked her into his and the boys' room and set her in bed. "I'll be in, in just a second. Okay? Try and sleep." He told her before walking out into the hallway and closing the door.

"How do you do that?" Cordelia asked. "Hm?" Luka asked, running a hand through his hair. "She calms down whenever your around but whenever your dad and I try to, she doesn't." Cordelia said. Luka shrugged. "I don't know." Luka said. Cordelia sighed. "Well at least she's fine, now. Are you sure she's okay in your room? We can bring her in bed with us along with Rosalia." Cordelia offered. Luka shook his head no. "I think she'd rather sleep with me tonight. But she should be fine by tomorrow morning." Luka said.

Cordelia smiled at him. "You're such a good older brother, Luka." Cordelia said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'm glad you're a part of the family." She whispered to him. Luka gave a small smile. He was glad to be part of the family. He walked back into the bedroom and laid back down next to Olivia. The boys were already back asleep.

"Luka?" Olivia asked as he slipped in bed. "Yeah?" He asked and got settled before Olivia cuddle against him. "What are those scars on your back?" She asked. Luka tensed. "Nothing. Don't worry about it." Luka said harshly. Olivia looked up at him. "Why?" She asked. "They're nothing? Okay? Don't worry." He hissed. She looked down. "Okay." She said and both fell asleep without another word.

Cordelia crawled into bed with Rosalia and Pierce. Rosalia was already dead asleep but Pierce was wide awake. "No more kids." Cordelia sighed against her pillows. Pierce lightly chuckled. "What if the five move out?" Pierce asked quietly. "Let them. I'm done. No more. The factory is closing for all seasons every year until I die."

She looked at her youngest daughter and lightly rubbed her head. She loved all her children. But sometimes having five, especially with three the same age, was hard and stressful. But at the end of the day, she thought it was worth it.

"I wonder what they dream sometimes." Cordelia said softly before kissing Rosalia's head. Pierce shrugged. "We won't know unless they tell us." Pierce said. Rosalia moaned and turned onto her stomach before continuing to snore away. Both Cordelia and Pierce smiled. "That's your child." They said in unison then giggled.

They both watched Rosalia until they yawned and eventually fell asleep.