The 'F' Word- Naruto x Reader

(Y/N) P.O.V

He always used the 'f' word with me. Always. He may not intended to hurt me but, he did every time he said it.

Today Naruto has once again invited me to join him for dinner at Ichiraku. I was so pleased when he asked me because maybe, just maybe over dinner he would confess his undying love to me. Though I hoped that every time he invited me somewhere that he would confess to me but, he never has done it..... yet. I still have hope that he may also love me the way I love him.

After I finished getting a ready, I hurried on over to Ichiraku eager to see my beloved crush.

With me having the motivation to see Naruto, I was at Ichiraku in less than 5 minutes. Once I arrived it was 7pm on the dot. Exactly when me and Naruto decided to me up. To no surprise at all I saw Naruto through the banners sitting on a stool, seeming to be already eating some ramen.

Wasting no time at all, I sat next to Naruto with a smile and said "Hey Naruto!"

With a full mouth Naruto responded, "Gi (Y/N)!"

"What did I say about you eating with your mouth full Naruto?" I giggled at his silly behavior.

Quickly swallowing the noodles in his mouth Naruto nervously chuckled, "Heh sorry (Y/N). Old habits die hard."

"No problem," I reply smiling.

Naruto smiled back before gasping at something then shouting, "Hey Teuchi! Can I please get a bowl of miso ramen for (Y/N)?"

"Coming right up!" Teuchi hollered back cheerfully before getting right to work.

I thanked Naruto for ordering my food.

"No need for thanks." Naruto said before looking down blushing a bit, "There's actually a reason why I invited you here...."

When I heard these words my face instantly lit up. 'Finally!' I thought joyfully 'He's going to confess to me!!!'

"The reason I invited you is because.... I think I might like..." Naruto paused becoming even more red, "I think I might like..... Hinata. And I wanted your thoughts on how I should confess to her. So got any ideas?"

It felt like time froze. My heart slowly started to shatter. I could feel the tears coming but, I fought to keep them back.

Putting on a fake smile I spoke, "Hmm... Well maybe... Just be straight forward about it.. and give her flowers..."

"That's a great idea (Y/N)!" Naruto smiled grinning from ear to ear, "I knew I could count on you! I'm super glad I have a Friend like you!"

"Oh... Glad to be of help.." I choked out feeling the tears coming back, "But I think I should get going I forgot I have to..... go.... finish a book I borrowed from Sakura that I have to return to her tomorrow."

I slowly stood up getting ready to leave but Naruto interrupted that process, "But (Y/N) you didn't even get to eat your ramen yet."

"Oh... That's fine..." I said with my back to him as tears streamed down my face, "I'll just have something to eat at home."

"But (Y-" Naruto started before I cut him off.

"It's fine Naruto anyway, have a good night." I whispered before walking off at a fast pace leaving a trail of tears behined me.

He may not of known but, by having that conversation and calling me the 'f' word he just shattered my hopes, dreams and, my heart.