Chapter 14

Excuse me. Sorry. I know you people are technical and there's a chronological order for this stuff. Mari is 6 years older than Yuuri. I know. In this, she should be like... 11? I can't even remember the ages I've set up... Anyway onwards

It's been a few weeks since I regained 'consciousness'. I've been crawling closer and closer to the light as often as I can. There's a phenomenon. People who come close to death can often remember walking down a long corridor into a light but are often thrown back the way they came into the real world. The same is for me. But I don't want to die. I'm trying to get back. I figure that if I go to the light, and make it so all I see is white, I can make it out. Normally if you get through the light you die. I'm sure it's been many years. I haven't made a big enough impact in Yuuri's life to completely cripple him thinking I left him.

Speaking of how old am I again? I was 13 last I remember. 

Now I wonder if I'd been there for Yuuri. Had I not been with my friends. Maybe we could still have been together. A/N Little did she know she'd have died as well. :/ 

If I make it to the light. Will it matter? My friends will be sad. But my family hasn't come to see me. For all I know I'm halfway across the world. But. Miniko probably couldn't have afforded that. All of my friends are 'commoners' as they're often referred to in families of higher status. I consider them equals which is probably how all this happened.

A few days later

I almost made it through. There was a sliver of black in my peripheral vision. I know I can make it tomorrow if I try really hard.

The light. Bright. Golden. Pure. I  made it. 

I could see. Everything was blurry and it was disorienting. I couldn't move anything. I could barely open my eyes for that matter. I couldn't move anything.

Everything was foggy no distinct shapes were beyond the light. I saw fuzzy shapes leaning over me. "Mari?" I heard them call. Then everything went black again.

Victors POV

Everythings boring in school... I already know everything. Our teachers in Language arts and English speak only in English as practice for us in translating and all that stuff... Most people have to ask me for help because I'm the only one besides Chris in our grade that's fluent. Chris pretends he's not fluent so he doesn't have to deal with what I do. Lucky. The teachers found out first.

I was excelling at a young age. I was placed in the advanced 5th year class in my 1st year. I never understood why my classmates had never understood English or why they struggled so much. They often accused me of cheating, getting extra help, and all that stuff. I wasn't. I just was good at learning languages. Everything was simple. I've been told I have something called synesthesia. It's where when we hear something we associate it with a color or shape. The most common form is when you listen to music and perceive a color but i've never really noticed that. It works mainly in foreign languages or academics in general. That's how I've survived all of my advanced classes with all A+'s and not had much homework for many years. The only thing that I know is that I've had amazing study skills, work ethic, and motivation over the years allowing me to do great.

By the way. I'm in math right now. I think the course is pre-algebra or geometry 1? A/N I know in america pre-algebra is a 8th grade skill and geometry 1 is a 10th grade skill in america. I don't know anything about russia. Google won't help me now... Also. I just learned that russians generally have only one teacher for academics... I think we're learning the relationships between slope and point slope form. Like I said. I learn quickly. I don't particularly have to be focusing on anything and I'll learn. So I typically draw. My teachers would mind if it was any other kid, but I have a 100 average in all my classes. They can't tell me off. They could per say if I had a 80 or 90 but a 100? Don't think so. "Hey what did she just say?" The kid next to me asked. I'm pretty sure his name is Alexi. "Уравнение для формы наклона точки - y-y1 = m (x-x1). Следующее уравнение приведет вас к y = mx + b, поэтому делает ненужным добавление + b в конец уравнения." I recited (The equation for point slope form is y-y1=m(x-x1). The following equation will get you to y=mx+b therefore making it unnecessary to make add the +b to the end of the equation.). After everything we've done in the past 4 years it's amazing that people still can't understand most of the basic words. Some people don't even know what младший брат or младшая сестра is.(little brother and little sister).

I got bored with the sketch of a dog I was making so I decided to glance behind me at the clock. 2:35. The bell rings at 2:40. *tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap* 2:37. *tap tap tap tap tap tap* 2:38. Yes. I'm tapping my pencil. So what? 2:39. *tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap* 2:40... *cue a bell sound* My chair skidded across the floor as I abruptly stood up. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder I pushed my chair in and headed for the door. I sit in the back row by the door. There's no need to be a good student and sit near the front.

The hallways became a noisy jumble of bodies and being a 3rd year in the 4th and 5th year hallway is not great for the body or mind. One there's quite a bit of cussing. Two the schools quite bad about enforcing the no PDA rules... Yeah. PDA. Public Displays of Affection. Or in my opinion Poopy Displays of Affection. Most couples in school break up within 2 months tops. Not only that but they're 4th and 5th years. What do people even do with their lives? At the most, they're 11 and 12. You're always expected to walk with each other to classes. The Boy in the relationship is expected to open doors, pull out chairs, assist them with their books and bags, go to everything out of school for their partner. All that stuff. Like really who has time for a relationship right now? I know I don't. At least that's what I thought.

So yeah..... Kill me... My parents don't let me do anything... I've been asking to go skating all week. Actually for 2 weeks. And now they tell me, NO. No reason just no. It's not like I've got better things to do today. It's literally only $5 a session and $9 for rental... The deal for today is $15 for two sessions and rental. WHY?!