Chapter 13

A/N: This chapter is safe to read. The next chapter will be R-15 +

Nathaniel:

My eyes opened but all I could see was the dark. No no! I don't want to be back! Was it a dream?! 
Shudders wracked my body as I wrapped my arms around my legs to rock myself out of this insanity. 

Damon:

I'd actually not thought the child would react this way to my shadows. I had forgotten that he was a miniature me.. except he had it worse. Before I realized my own actions I'd removed the shadows smothering him. 

When the light from the balcony spilled into the room he'd calmed down some. It took him fifteen minutes or so to blink out of his comatose state. He finally looked around and noticed me leaning against the wall. 

Fear spilled over him and I watched the little lamb scuttle back to the headboard. 

"Training begins now. Your magic is strongest during this time of day and as such will be both easier and more difficult to control. Are you up for it?"

His fear left him once I'd raised my eyebrow at him in challenge. 

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

Anger glinted through his eyes and I let out a chuckle. "No worries, kid. You'll just have a more hellish time with training if you don't show me the respect I deserve."

"Hmmph," he turned his head away. 

I could feel my normal smile leaving my face as the stillness came over me. Lily hardly saw me during the night, for good reason. Once the shadow element began to gather it was a trigger for this killing machine. 

"Come."

Killing intent spilled over and I swept a placid look to the boy before leaving the bedroom. I'd misunderstood him. In my observation, although he was similar to me, I felt he'd been too broken. 

Instead, he stubbornly followed me on shaky legs.

Nathaniel:

Damon.. more like Demon, walked quietly in front of me. If I wasn't staring at him, I wouldn't even know he was there. He'd wrapped his legs in Shadows and Darkness, canceling the Melody Stairs light. Somehow it had also darkened the rest of the passage, making it feel as if he was leading me into the deepest pits of hell. 

I tried to keep my mind from thinking about them. My mind needed to stop wandering back to that darkness. 

"Hurry."

Ever since we'd left my room, Damon had seemed to turn into another person. I didn't feel all together sure I'd be safe with him but Lily trusted him so I threw those thoughts aside.

Soon he led me into a hallway on the third floor but pressed his hand filled with shadow magic into the wall, creating a hole. He stepped into the black abyss and immediately vanished from my field of vision. I chewed my lip and wondered if I should follow. 

I wanted to get stronger. I needed revenge. The only way to do that is to have Damon help me. Clenching my fist, I took my first step into the abyss. 

Damon:

I'd wondered if the little shit had sought out the way back to the room we'd left. Unfortunately for him, if he chose that path he'd be nothing but mincemeat. He had one road and that was to follow in my footsteps.

While I debated on whether to proceed towards my original destination, a little foot stepped through the wall. 

"Slow," I grunted when he'd fully pulled himself through. 

There was no use in allowing him to measure the area we were currently in. We briskly walked towards a writhing mass of black that was engraved into the ground near a corner of the musky room. 

"Stay close."

Noticing he wasn't giving me any responses, I stopped my footsteps and stared at him. When he realized I was waiting for an answer he finally answered.

"I will," he mumbled before returning his gaze to the point we were advancing on.

I quickly grabbed his collar and then we were suddenly in another location. 

"Anything you see, hear, or do tonight will not be repeated to Lily nor Helena," I glared at the boy, "If you do, I will make sure to cast a spell of MindSweep to keep you in line."

MindSweep was a way to use Darkness and enter someones brain; completely erasing any original data and turning the owner into a vegetable. I'd simply tell Lily he'd broken when he was left in the dark. 

He realized I was serious and grimly nodded his head. We were in my largest headquarters; one that was completely hidden from the outside populace. Even Lily didn't know about this place. 

It was where I trained my most loyal assassins. Currently I was leading the boy towards a training area. My first stop was for him to capture control over his magic. 

"My lessons will begin now. Your first task is to gain control over your magic. Best way to do this is by collective trauma. Earlier you were afraid when I surrounded you in Shadows but that is a part of your magic. You will fail if you're afraid of your own magic. Take control of it and instead of being enslaved by these past emotions, it'll give you freedom."

The boy was visibly shaking and before he could be given time for retreat, I'd shoved him inside of the Obsidian Room. This room was exactly as it sounded; made out of black obsidian that prevented any light to enter. With that amount of Darkness he should be able to absorb a large quantity of Magic. 

Thankfully the room was soundproof as well.

Nathaniel:

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. All I wanted was to go back and seek comfort in Lily's arms. Why? I don't want to be here. 

A wall pressed into my back as I tried to crawl along the floor to find a way out. As I kept clawing my nails began to break and blood seeped out. I knew I was screaming but for some reason I couldn't hear anything anymore. 

My mind buzzed with adrenaline as fear gripped me. 

I didn't want to be this weak person anymore! I wanted more power! No one would ever hurt me again! No.. I wouldn't give them the chance. 

The darkness around me felt like a blanket that suddenly began to wrap around my body. It felt close to suffocating. My body began to feel bloated and I couldn't help but to scream out in pain instead of fear. 

It hurts. This was more painful than what they did to me. Make it stop! An explosion went off inside of my head and I was given peace. 

A/N: Originally I'd thought about adding some *mature* parts in this but it didn't seem like it was time yet for Nathaniel to be introduced into Damon's world completely. Plus, he clearly needs to learn how to harness his magic first before learning martial arts, right?