Chapter Six

Reece's POV
—————————————
"Mom, I need to tell you something." It's 5 in the morning and I am knocking on my moms door trying to get her up.

"What is it?" My mom asks.

"Come out here. I have to tell you something important," I respond. Im starting to show and I need to tell her before she figures it out herself.

"Fine, one moment," I hear my mom call out.

"Ok," I yell back. I have rehearsed what I'm going to say over a hundred times and I'm prepared for any question she is going to throw at me. My mom finally walks out and we go to the kitchen. My mom makes a cup of coffee while I start.

"So mom, I hope you still love me and I hope you won't kick me out of the house after saying this. I really need some support. My friends are always being supportive but," I start but my mom interrupts.

"Honey, it is okay if you are gay. I will accept you," she says, with dropping eyelids.

"Mom, I'm pregnant," I whisper slightly.

"Oh, okay. Are you going to keep it?" She asks, grabbing her newly brewed cup of coffee.

"Did you not just hear what I said?" I ask. My jaw is dropped, probably down to my knees, but I close it quickly.

"Yeah I heard. I support. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get pregnant though?" She asks, taking a sip from her mug.

"Well, I was just hanging out with a sweet boy and we were just kissing, but then it turned into more. I didn't want it. It just kinda happened. He completely regrets doing it. He's a good guy. He just made a mistake," I tell her, not realizing I'm babbling on and on.

"Okay sweetie. Are you going to keep it, give it up for adoption, or have an abortion?" She questions, raising one eyebrow.

"I know I don't want an abortion. I think it's wrong and so does Nate. But I think I wanna keep it. I mean, if I can get some help with him, or her, when I'm at school." I say.

"Yeah. I'd be happy to be a stay at home mom. Your dad makes plenty of money. Of course I will help. Is Nate going to be a part of the baby's life?" I am completely dumbfounded. I never really thought of that.

"I-I-I dont know," I say, tripping over my words. I want him to be, but if he doesn't want to be, I guess that's his loss.

"Does he know?"

"Yeah," I reply.

"Okay, I guess we are keeping it. Let's just hope your dad can take this news easy. It's okay. I can tell him and hopefully calm him down if he gets too mad. I love you sweetie," my mom says, giving me a kiss on the head. And with that, she walks back into her bedroom, still holding her coffee.