Chapter Seven

Reece's POV
—————————————
Today is the day I'm going to find out my baby's gender. I asked Andrea if she would come with me and she agreed. She told me she would drive me and I can just relax. That's surprising coming from her.

"So, are you hoping the baby will be a boy or a girl?" Andrea asks me, trying to start up a conversation. The past ten minutes driving was complete silence.

"I'm not really sure. I'm sort of hoping for a girl," I reply, with a shrug.

"Oh. That's cool. I would totally get pregnant and try to have a boy so they could date. But I'm lesbian so not gonna happen," Andrea tells me.

"Wait, what?" I ask, sitting back up. She never told me she was a lesbian.

"Yeah. Wait? Did I not tell you?" She asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"No!" I raise my voice a little.

"Oh, sorry," she says.

"When did you realize?" I ask her.

"Not that long ago. Maybe about um, six months ago I realized." She replies.

"Six months ago? You've known for that long, and forgot to tell me? Your best friend?"

"Okay, calm down. We are almost there."

"I don't wanna be calm," I tell her. "I'm about to find out the gender of my child, and you never told me you were a fucking lesbian."

She gives me a side glance as she pulls into the hospital parking lot. We walk in and I sign in at the front desk. We sit in the waiting room, Andrea playing on her phone and me reading a magazine.

"Reece?" The door swings open and a lady with a clipboard. She has a messy bun and looks very tired. 

"Me." I stand up and drop the magazine on Andrea, and receive a scoff as a response. I giggle to myself, watching her put the magazine away and head over to the lady.

"Follow me please," she says. Andrea hops up and follows me and the nurse into the room.

"Please sit down and lift up your shirt," she tells me. There's a ton of machinery in this room. I have no idea what any of it is for, or the name of it, for that matter.

I awkwardly life up my shirt, exposing my growing stomach. She puts some gel like stuff onto another thing. I don't know what they are called, but I have seen it before in a movie. She puts it on my stomach and starts slowly moving it around. I gasp from the cold feeling. After about five to ten minutes, the nurse stops, and hands me a towel to wipe of my stomach.

"Congratulations. The baby is a girl!" The nurse says.

"Thanks," I say, not knowing what else to say.

"Have a nice day!" The nurse tells me. I walk out of the room and go through the waiting room. The lady at the desk says the same thing as the nurse.

"So, you got a girl," Andrea says as she starts the car.

"Yeah. Just what I wanted," I reply, not very enthusiastic. Today has been a long day and I'm exhausted.

"Well, lets go home and spread the news," Andrea pulls out of the parking lot as I start to doze off.