[73]

Jackson:

The clock was ticking. More and more time was passing but nothing happened. Nurses and doctors walked over the hallway and I could only watch them from my seat in the small waiting area.

About 30 minutes had passed since we had arrived at the hospital. I had called Mark's mother who had already arrived after ten minutes and Jaebum had also decided to stay and wait together with me.

Mrs. Tuan was on the phone talking to her husband and my friend was sitting next to me. I looked down on my hands which were slightly trembling because of my nervousness.

"What if the baby doesn't make it? I wouldn't know what to do." I made sure to talk quietly because I didn't want Mark's mother to hear me talking. Jaebum sighed quietly and looked at me.

"Don't worry. Mark is strong and so is your daughter. They're both going to be alright." He placed his hand on my shoulder and I nodded slowly while tons of questions ran through my head.

I especially wondered why this had happened. Everything had been alright and we had actually just waited the last weeks before she was born but now I had to fear that she wouldn't get to live.

"Why did this have to happen Jaebum?" I asked him and hoped that he would be able to answer this question. "Are you serious? Didn't you listen to him?" He asked back and looked if Mark's mom was still busy.

"He's completely stressed out. He has to manage the pregnancy and all the stuff around it. And you only make him feel bad with your endless complaints. It was just a question of time." He answered me.

I sighed heavily. "He knew that I would support him with the baby. There was no reason to worry." I leaned back and looked the clock. It felt like the time was standing still. I hated it.

"Jackson, supporting him with the baby also means supporting him while he's pregnant. He needs to take care of his health and not of helping you to fell less pressured." Jaebum gave me a serious look.

"I haven't told him that he has to take care of me or my problems." I said in defense. My friend raised his eyebrows. "But you know that he still does and that doesn't stop you from using him." He said.

"I don't use him." I answered upset. "You do. You always make sure that Mark knows if something pressures you because you know that he will always do something to take the pressure off you." He stated.

"Did you just come here to scold me? I got it. I'm the bad guy here." I crossed my arms and looked at my good friend who ran a hand through his black hair while he lightly shook his head.

"No, but it was time that someone says this. At least be happy that Jinyoung isn't here yet. He would have ripped you into pieces by now." Jaebum let out a small chuckle and I just rolled my eyes.

I didn't like Jinyoung at all but unluckily we had to get along because Mark had already told me that he would be the baby's godfather what meant we would have to spend some more time together.

I had already tried to convince the elder that Youngjae would make a good godfather, too but Mark stayed stubborn and decided that he definitely wanted his best friend in that position.

"Jinyoung doesn't scare me. He's just overprotective but harmless in the end." I shrugged my shoulders but Jaebum didn't seem to agree with me. "You underestimate him." The black-haired male said.

"I've known him for ages. He's overprotective, yes, but he's definitely not harmless. He basically looks for a good reason to kick your ass to the moon and I'm sure he has one now." Jaebum explained.

I flinched when a nurse suddenly appeared in the waiting area. My heart started beating faster and I hoped that she would finally tell me if the baby was alright. I couldn't wait longer.

But unluckily, she called out another name. A middle-aged couple got up from their chairs and followed the lady when she walked down the hallway. I leaned back again and looked at Mark's mother.

She had ended her phone call and looked at the clock nervously. Should I go over and say something to her? The woman looked extremely worried. I understood her. She still didn't know if her son was ok.

"Don't worry Mrs. Tuan. I'm sure Mark is alright." I told her. She looked up to me and smiled softly. "I really hope so. You're Jackson, right?" She asked me. I nodded in response. "Yes, I am."

She got up from her chair and came over to me. "I wanted to thank you for being there for my son during the last months. It's good to know that he has someone who supports him." Mrs. Tuan smiled at me.

I gulped and felt a bit bad. Of course, I had done some things together with Mark but I hadn't supported him at all. I wasn't there for him when he had a bad day and actually needed someone.

Last week he had been a bit sick and asked me to stay at home because my parents weren't there and he didn't want to be alone. I had actually had practice on that day and in the end I had gone to the swim hall.

I still felt very bad. My mom had told me that Mark had vomit on the floor on the hallway because he hadn't made it to the bathroom fast enough. I knew that I could have helped him if I had been there.

"There's no need to thank me Mrs. Tuan. Mark does so many things by himself. He's very strong." I told her and definitely meant it. Mark was stronger than I had expected him to be before.

Mrs. Tuan nodded. "I know. He would never give up fighting." She smiled a bit at the thought of her son. The woman stroked over my arm. "You're a good guy, Jackson. Thank you for cheering me up." She said.

I was about to give a response when I saw someone coming over to the waiting area. It was a young doctor with a clipboard in his hands. "Are you waiting for Mark Tuan?" He asked us.

Mrs. Tuan quickly got up and nodded. "Yes, he is my son. Please tell me, is something wrong?" She asked the man. "I would like to talk to you in private." He told the woman which made me nervous.

He wanted to talk to Mark's mom alone? Did that mean something happened? Was the baby hurt? Did he lose it? I ran my hands through my hair. Why did he have to tell her before me?

Mark's mother and the doctor walked some meters away from us and unluckily I couldn't see or hear them. Jaebum placed his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry. He will be alright." He said.

Unluckily, that didn't help me at all. I was still nervous and unable to calm down. I heard footsteps coming over to us. The doctor looked over to me and Jaebum. Please let the baby be alright.

I didn't know this chapter would end with a cliffhanger, too! ^^

But don't worry, I'll post another one later!

Thank you for reading ♡