Chapter 39: Hijacking

The forest swallowed both people as they walked deeper and deeper into the forest. The magnificence of the forest was ethereal as light brushed past the canopy and lightly fell onto the forest floor. The more they walked the more the peacefulness set into the scenery. The pair walked for awhile until dusk had fallen. They had both had a sour mood as neither of them wanted to begin a conversation. Bai sighed and looked to the sky blaming it for not being smart enough for making a better story line...

The more they moved towards Jiang more remorseful Bai felt. Bai had unfinished business in Jiang and had brought Mingxia Jie there to solve his problem. Truth be told Bai was too lazy to solve this problem himself and just thrusted Mingxia Jie into his problem.

{Hey, hey, hey. Wait a minute author. I'm not lazy; I'm just taking the opportunity.}

{How..did you-?}

{Don't worry about what I can and can't do. Besides there are more important matters at hand like little Jie'er}

{Okay? So...what are you doing here Bai?}

{I'm hijacking this plot. Clearly our dear readers are bored with your explanation so I'm taking over.}

{Do you think our readers would enjoy that, Bai?}

{Of course! I'm Bai! Who wouldn't like me.}

{Fine. Don't blame me if the readers don't like your explanation.}

Hello, readers. I'll be taking over the narration from now until our little Jie'er reaches the capital of Jiang. As the author has yet to explain. Jiang was a country known for its tense racial discrimination towards each other. I had grown up there in Jiang and where I became a mercenary. As you just learned, I'm from Jiang. I am Yuhui. Yuhui is my race. Yuhui naturally have blue eyes but the apart from that nothing is different. Except me. I'm an exception. Now you already know that there is racial discrimination. Touchy topic. I know. the author thought it was a good idea, i agree. there are somethings that need to be known. If you are offended, than this is for you. But anyways. On with this history lesson.

I had fled Jiang as an escape from the racial segregation. The Yuhui were naturally seen as abnormal with their blue eyes, but they weren't the only ones living in Jiang.Well you see, Jiang didn't really exist. Before there were Yuhui and Shanshen. They hated each other. for reasons I can not completely understand. Anyways.Jiang was formed when the Prince of Yuhui married the Princess of Shanshen. All hell broke loose apparently.

The Prince's people naturally figured out a way for the people of Shanshen to be below the noble status of Yuhui. The Shanshen weren't happy about that. They rebelled but ultimately lost. The average male Shanshen were shorter than Yuhui by a head. They had lighter skin than the Yuhui which made them more beautiful;however, they weren't perfect. They were more or less "cursed" with white streaks in their hair. Making them stand out more than Yuhui. That was why Yuhui held more power in the court. Yuhui only had their blue eyes. Even though I am a Yuhui. As I've said. Exception. I have the eccentric white hair with blue eyes, but i have lighter skin like the Shanshen, however I'm tall like the Yuhui. Weird, right? Anyways, both races had been fighting to have their people stand on more ground than the other. this has been going on earlier than I have been born. But lately its gotten worse.

When rumor spread than a Shanshen had killed one of the Palace's Yuhui imperial guards because he just wanted to. The Yuhui were outraged and demanded justice. Turned out that it had been the other way around and now the Shanshen want retribution. There had been a lot of problems in Jiang. And most are still unsolvable. Although the newest generation does not agree with the past doings of the races, they are slowly mending. But that had come to a halt when a royal decree came down stating that Yuhui and Shanshen could not live in the same area. The Yuhui were allowed closer to the inner capital while the Shanshen were stuck in the slums. The problem had taken a turn for the worse.

-"Bai? Why are their black lines on your forehead? And who are you talking to?"

-"Don't worry your pretty little head, Jie'er."

-"We aren't that familiar."

I smiled before turning back to my fellow readers. Sorry, anyways. The current Emperor was Yuhui and was really racist against the Shanshen. So much that all male Shanshen were forced to leave for the military at the tender age of 18. Many died, leaving the Shanshen women unprotected and broken. I had brought Mingxia here as a result of this. Although I'm Yuhui. I don't hate the Shanshen. Many of my comrades are Shanshen. And I really want to kill the Emperor. My assignment as a mercenary was to capture Mingxia and take her to the sacred place of the Island of Penglai. I was to take her to South Chang where we were suppose to get on a boat on the night of new year and the passage to the Island of Penglai would allow us in. It was early autumn so I still had time to kill for personal gain and then take Mingxia to South Chang. Oh, we've reached the city gates already. Wow. That was fast. Anyways. I'm glad I got to speak with you. You are all such great listeners, I should ask again to narrate. The author will give you a descriptive paragraph on my city of Jiang in next week's chapter. Bye. Love you all.