Chapter 36

Look at this amazing video I found :O

.................

In the afternoon Rebekah took Grace away from the Mikaelson estate to the Grill, because she had a meeting with Carol Lockwood. The blonde thought that her brother's girl would be helpful in this case, as the mayor liked her.

On their way, she filled Grace in about what she discovered in that cave. Of course Grace was quite shocked to hear that there was still a weapon out there that could kill her loved ones. She tried her best not to be nervous, see it as an enjoyable afternoon with Rebekah and not ruin the cheery mood Elijah had put an effort in to establish.

But another problem was, that the risk of seeing Elena or any of her friends in the Grill was high. She probably would rip some heads off if she was confronted with that matter today.

The girls took place at a table in the middle of the restaurant, so they could watch their surroundings. This was a highly sensitive topic and it should definitely not be heard by the wrong kind of people. Grace even asked herself why the hell she asked Carol to come to the Grill, a highly public place, but then again she saw the point, because the mayor would probably get suspicious if an Original pushed for a meeting in the middle of nowhere.

Sighing, she ordered a tea and waited for Carol to arrive. Thankfully, she didn't arrive too late. The mayor and Grace exchanged cheek kisses to greet each other and sat down after Carol shook Rebekah's hand.

"What can I do for you girls?"

Carol asked to which Rebekah smiled charmingly.

"Grace hooked me up on some town history and I was interested in the town's monuments and older buildings. As you're the head of the Preservation committee I thought you could help."

The mayor returned the smile.

"It was in the Lockwood woman's hands for a long time, before they got real jobs. What exactly are you looking for?"

That was the point. Both women had no clue what they were looking for. They couldn't tell which building or monument was made of white oak. Grace's mind raced, but then she suddenly had an idea.

"Rebekah wants to explore how the land she was born in changed over the centuries. I think a lot of forest is where your old village was. Maybe the old milling documentaries are a start. Do you who kept them, Carol? I just know my family didn't."

Rebekah flashed her a thankful smile, but was then distracted by something behind Carol. Grace shortly followed her gaze and saw that she stared at Damon. Oh no. Her friend couldn't fall for that dick, he only played with her, that was something she could be sure of. But we were talking about Rebekah, she had a history of ignoring such signs. Quickly she nudged her with her foot to get her attention back.

"I think the Salvatores have them."

Great. Speaking of the devil. Grace held back her sigh when she saw the devious expression that plastered on Rebekah's face.

"Thank you very much, Carol. You helped a lot."

The oldest Gilbert flashed the mayor a polite smile, followed Rebekah who already said goodbye to the mayor and walked towards the Salvatore brothers.

Grace rolled her eyes and took a deep breath in. She seriously didn't want to talk to any of Elena's bodyguards today, but she had to make sure that Rebekah behaved. No way in hell would Elijah's litte sister be hurt on her watch.

"What are you doing here, traitor?"

Damon said rudely, but Grace didn't give him much attention. She simply nipped on her tea, even tough the urge to drink this bottle of vodka in front of her empty was huge. Alcohol didn't solve problems, but made them much funnier.