Aang

A week later my son was born a healthy baby boy who would get his bending at the age of four and become a fire bender like me and his father.

"Mommy look what I can do!" Aang exclaimed happily.

I watched as my son made shapes out of fire an I smiled as I picked him up and hugged him tightly.

"I'm so proud of you." I said kissing his cheek.

"Mommy when will daddy be home?" He asked softly.

"Soon.... then I have to go to help Aunty Korra." I said kissing his cheek.

After my husband returned I hugged him and then told him how Zaheer had escaped and Korra needed my help in fighting him.

"Rey I know she is your friend but he is dangerous what.... what if you get hurt?" Iroh asked softly.

"I won't.... I love you." I said as I kissed him.

I walked away to pack and then the next day I left to help my friend. When I arrived they told me how they had him cornered.

"He said he wants to finish what he started.... he has some Red Lotus members with him." Lin explained.

"I see what's the plan?" I asked softly.

"We thought of someone could draw him out we could capture them all." Suyin explained.

"I'll do it." I said as I stood up.

I walked to where the cave was and took a deep breath.

"Zaheer!!! I want to talk to you!" I yelled into the cave.

"Ahh if it isn't the Fire Lord's wife! What can I do for you?" He asked with a smile as he walked to the cave entrance.

"We both know how this will end.... give up and no one has to die."

"Your wrong.... I made a promise to you and I always keep them." He said with a smile.

I looked at him confused before I saw a his hand move quickly and felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I moved my hand to the center and pulled out a knife. I saw Zaheer smile as I fell to the ground clutching my stomach.

"Rey!!!" Bumi yelled as he ran over to me.

"Your okay baby I got you." He whispered as he hugged me.

"Dad.... let's not lie okay.... the blade was coated with poison.... I'm... dying." I coughed.

I saw tears stream down his face as he hugged me. I closed my eyes and allowed darkness to take over me.

"Rey.... wake up.... you have to open your eyes." A voice said softly.

I slowly opened up my eyes to see my grandfather in front of me.

"Aang..." I whispered shocked.

"Hello Rey.... I had hopped we wouldn't meet you so soon." He said with a sigh.

"I'm dead.... aren't I?" I asked with tear filled eyes.

"It's your choice.... you can allow yourself to leave Iroh and your son... or you can fight.... it's your decision." He said with a smile.

"How.... do I get back home?"

"Only you know." He said with a smile.

He disappeared and I closed my eyes and went to stand up. I felt my knees give out and I fell again. I took a deep breath before trying again and this time I was able to stand up. I started to walk for awhile and then I saw a door. I ran toward it and kept running when I heard someone call my name.

"Rey come back to me!"

"Mommy wake up!"

"I'm coming baby.... mommy is coming!" I yelled as I ran faster.

"Please come back sissy... mommy and daddy miss you."

"Rey its.... its grandma Toph please wake up."

"Rey its Korra..... I'm so sorry for everything... please wake up.... I miss you."

I ran into the door to see a bright light.

"Rey.... it's me Lin....please wake up...we need you." Lin said sadly.

I opened my eyes to see her holding my hand and crying. I smiled with tear filled eyes as I squished her hand. She looked at me shocked and I smiled softly at her.

"Rey.... your awake." She said hugging me.

I hugged her back as tears streamed down my face. After awhile my son ran into the room and jumped onto the bed hugging me.

"Mommy I knew you would wake up I told them!" Aang yelled happily.

"Always baby.... I'm not leaving you anytime soon." I whispered into his ear.

I held onto my son as he fell asleep in my arms. After awhile Iroh walked into the room and stared at me.

"Lin can you take my son to bed?" I asked in a whisper.

"Of course." She said picking him up.

She walked out leaving me with Iroh. I sent him a smile as tears streamed down his face. He walked slowly over to me before crawling onto the bed and hugging me. I hugged him back as I felt him start to cry.

"I'm okay..... I'm here I'm not leaving you ever." I said as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I was so scared..... I thought I lost you.... I can't lose you." He said as he looked at me.

"And you don't have to." I said as I kissed him.

"I love you General Pain in the butt." He whispered happily.

"And I love you Fire Lord Iroh." I said as I fell asleep in his arms.