::Chapter 24::

::Chapter 24::

"You smelt the blood right?"

She heard Eli ask her as they stepped out with the betas right behind them. Emily glanced at him and nodded. Her eyes landed on Derek. "I see the hunters didn't kill you."

"Glad to know you care." Derek said, seeing her standing with his betas and a vampire from the scent that he gave off. He wrinkled his nose at the scent. He wasn't used to running into vampires and was already used to Emily's.

"Yeah well we were leaving anyway." Eli said and took a step forward only to be stopped by an invisible wall. "What the hell?!"

The two betas stared in confusion as to why they couldn't get passed.

"Is this..." Emily trailed, staring at the line on the ground in disbelief.

"It's working." Stiles said in surprise and a grin on his lips. "Oh, this is - I did something." He looked so proud of himself.

"You did this?!" Eli snapped at him.

"Well yeah." He grinned. "Cool isn't it?"

Emily nudged Eli as she looked over at Stiles. "This is really nice and all but I'd prefer not to be trapped inside with something that could possibly paralyze me from the neck down." She said in a blunt tone.

Stiles then looked horrified as he saw that she could get hurt but he also didn't want to break the seal. It took a lot of work especially when he only had a handful of sand left. "I'm sorry but I can't break it."

"It's fine." She waved him off. "I'll just use them as my shields." She nodded to the two betas and Eli chuckled in amusement

"You're not using them as shields." Derek deadpanned and she gave him a shrug. Only Emily and Derek had stiffened at the sound of a loud roar that sounded like he was dying. "Scott?"

Hearing the name of his best friend, Stiles looked at him in question. "What?"

Derek stared off into the building knowing it was coming from the other side. "Break it."

"What? No way." He wasn't going to break it. If he hadn't broken it when the girl he was in love with was right there, he was most definitely not going to break it for the sourwolf.

"Scott's dying!" He exclaimed, panic in his tone.

Alright. So he might do it if someone he cares about it dying. "Okay, what?" He asked. "How do you know that?"

Derek sighed. "Oh, my God, Stiles, I just know! Break it!" He snapped.

Stiles reluctantly crouched down and broke the line, allowing Derek to run off to save his best friend. He stared sadly at the broken line.

"Finally." Eli huffed, crossing the line and walked over to where Emily was parked.

She on the other hand looked at Stiles and hesitantly patted him on the back. "There, there." She said awkwardly. "I'm sure you can make another one someday."