Go Back

Chapter Eighteen: Go Back

~~ I woke by feeling the bed shift and opened my eyes at hearing footsteps. I turned to my side to see the Captain pulling on his trench coat and slicking his hair back, throwing his hat on his head. He walked to a mirror and stared at his reflection, his gaze soon falling from his own face and meeting my eyes. "I'm guessing you slept well" said he; I smiled and moved over, laying in his warm spot and yanking the covers up to my shoulders, snuggling down into his pillow.

"Why didn't you want to stay at your mother's home?" I asked, yawning as he turned to me and walked to the bed, sitting down at the foot of the bed.

"She and I don't always see eye-to-eye, as it were." Said he and I giggled.

"Of course! You're six foot six and she's, what, four foot nine?" I asked, giving a tired smile; he chuckled and sighed. "On what do you not agree with her about?" I asked, sluggishly sitting up.

"Everything, mostly." He answered and I smiled; I leaned forwards and fell into his lap, allowing my head to rest on his thigh, he twirled a strand of my hair around his finger. I sighed.

"So, why was your penis your security blanket?" I asked, flipping over, onto my back and staring up at him.

"It wasn't my security blanket, in truth, the boys at school told me a horrible lie." The Captain growled, I grinned.

"What was it?" I asked and he hesitated a few moments before telling me.

"Mind you, I was five to six years of age....they told me that there was a monster that would snatch it off if I didn't hold onto it." He explained and I laughed so hard I almost cried! "See, now it's completely illogical! But, back when I was a child it made perfect sense and scared me!" He yelled and I continued laughing, wiping the tears from my eyes and wiggling around in his lap.

"Why were you so afraid of 'the monster' taking it?" I asked, still giggling, but, sitting upon his thighs, smiling to him.

"I was afraid that I wouldn't have been able to make love to you" said he, grinning and squeezing my behind. I narrowed my eyes, yet, a smile sat upon my lips.

"Umm hmm, I'm sure you were thinking about that when you were five!" I cried, smiling and giggling; he sighed and rolled his eyes playfully.

"I'm sure I was, too! If I would've met you in my childhood" said he, setting me beside him and standing, taking a few steps towards the door and turning slightly to me. "Lord knows I do now" he said softly, turning his head to me and winking; he left the room and closed the door after him. I sat upon the bed, smiling dumbly, when, the boat shifted and a few books fell from the bookshelf; one of them being a familiar black book which held the Captain's secrets. I gasped and rushed over to it, sliding on my knees and biting my lip in excitement as I scanned the newest entries. One entry ran thus:

'Mon dieu, I can't get her out of my brain! My sweet, little, porcelain angel named Anna, ever since she's gone missing her face is permanently imprinted upon my brain and her voice, that tender voice, replays constantly through my mind. I bought her roses, luscious, red roses that she could sit by her window or mingle with her hair, but, she wasn't there; I hurried to her room, and then my own and she wasn't there either! I searched the ship, from top to bottom, but, my little doll wasn't anywhere to be found. I was angry, and, miserable; did she leave on her own accord? No, no, she couldn't! 

She was far too injured for that, and, no pirate dared cross me...that leaves only one.

That pesky little privateer.

When I get my hands on him, oh! That man will want to climb back into his mother's womb! I'll beat him close to the point of death and slash him with the nine tale, I'll bleed him and cut off his fingers and toes! Then, and only when my angel tells me to stop will I push a shark hook through his neck and hang him high; he'll hang high, he'll hang jolly high! He'll hang high enough where pirates will know to never mess with my angel again, no, no harm will come to her after that; I can assure you!

They'll learn or die, and I will be sure to make their death most horrible, especially if they lay even a hair on her. But, I must find her first; at night my dreams run rampant with sickly sweet thoughts of her. The ecstasy that thickens like soup in the air around us, in those dreams, causes me to writhe with yearning; how much I want to shake her innocence, how much I want to yank it from her! But, she's afraid...she's afraid of that...of me...of her...together; why is she so afraid? I promise I'll be gentle with her, and, I'll do anything she says (she can be very stubborn sometimes, anyways), I'll always treat her kindly and kiss her tears away....oh god, what in the hell is happening to me?

I'm...I'm cheesy. But, for some reason, I'm liking it. If she'll let me, there's all goods about getting her pregnant, one, I get to stay with her, two, we get a baby, and three, we'll get married! I know we well, she'll want security and shit of that sort; besides, she loves me. Right? She must love me! She must...she must...'

I was in tears by the end of this journal entry. I slipped the book back onto the shelf and fell back, onto the bed, allowing salty liquid droplets to rain down from my eyes and slip down my cheeks, onto the bed and my hair. All of a sudden, the door was thrown open with such violence that it caused me to jump and sit erect upon the bed, twisting my body so I could see the door; it was the Captain, his eyes were wild and he appeared ready to fight, but, at seeing me he straightened up and then worry passed over his face. "Sweet cheeks! What's wrong?"

He asked, rushing to the bed and pulling me back into his arms; I shook my head and threw my arms around his torso, hugging him tightly and refusing to let go, burying my face into his chest and sighing happily. "Captain?" I asked quickly, my voice ever more muffled by his chest.

"Yes, sweet cheeks?" He asked, brushing his fingers through my hair and rocking me back and forth, holding my body close to his own.

"I...I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not afraid." I whispered, smiling as his cotton shirt brushed against my cheeks. There was a short pause, then the Captain spoke.

"Afraid of what?" He asked in obvious confusion; I smiled and looked up to him, his eyes meeting mine. His eyes were soft and concerned.

"Of us...together...I-I'm not afraid anymore." I said, pausing. "I'm not afraid" I repeated in a whisper, smiling to him; it took him a moment to understand what I spoke of, he nodded and smiled, leaning down and planting a hesitant kiss upon my forehead.

"Don't read my journal ever again" said he in a whisper, a smile painted upon his lips; I giggled.

"Then don't leave it in such obvious spots!" I cried, laughing, he only smiled in amusement and held me close, laying his cheek on my head and rocking me back and forth; I was so happy he could take his façade down before me. His façade of majesty and mystery; and, before me he could be who he really is, a man, a man with feelings who doesn't really know how to handle them, then again, do we really know how to handle our feelings? No, no, we don't. "Captain?"

I asked again, looking up to him. "Yes, my dear?" Asked he, smiling.

"Can we go back?"

"Go back where?"

"Back to the port...I wanna...I know you don't like her much, but, I really want to have dinner with your mum; together." Said I, he blinked in surprise for a moment.

"D-Don't you want to get to London?" Asked he and I grinned.

"I want to go wherever you go; and...can we, please?" I asked, sticking out my bottom lip and enlarging my eyes; he sighed and shook his head.

"I guess so...but, remember our deal from before? When I agreed to take you to London? Which, we're still going to London." Said he, I smiled and nodded quickly. "That's back in place, agreed?" He asked, I nodded quickly and he smiled, giving my behind a quick pop; I smiled and leaned forwards, giving his lips a quick kiss and jumping off of his lap, giggling and rushing out of the room, with him trailing after me.