45

Happy update! Sorry it took so long!

Make sure to read the authors note at the end and enjoy the chapter!

Everything hurt.

The pain was excruciating, but I hadn't expected anything less. It was because of the stress. The same thing happened when Grayson died.

My room was quiet but I knew Harry was there because I could hear him breathing and the occasional scuff of his shoe against the floor.

That evening of the shooting when he threw me in the car, I had begged him to go back for my dad but he refused to. That had made me angry.

I knew he had to get me out of there, but I wanted to be with my dad, and Harry kept trying to pull me away.

I wasn't angry anymore, I was just... I didn't know.

Harry's pager went off and I heard him get it out of his pocket before he stood and left the room, officially leaving me alone.

I stared at the IV needle in my wrist and sighed.

I heard the door open and few minutes later and then listened as Harry walked around the bed to my side, his eyes landing on my face.

I looked up at him as he stopped and moved to be at my level.

"I brought you something." He said. "But you need to sit up."

I nodded and let him sit me up since I couldn't do it myself.

"Okay." He walked over to the door and opened it to leave before coming back in a moment later with a grocery bag. "I had an agent go get some of your favourite things."

He came and set it down on the table at the foot of my bed.

"We have goldfish," he pulled out a bag, "peanut butter, popcorn, cookie dough ice cream, and, you won't believe this, a cream soda since you always try to steal mine."

I stared at them.

"Emma." He sighed. "You have to eat. You won't get better if you don't eat."

"They're going to put you on a feeding tube soon if you don't eat so please just take a bite of something." He pleaded with me.

When I didn't respond he sighed and dropped his head into his hands.

"Emma, please. I'm trying so hard here and I know you're hurting but this is only making it worse. You know your father wouldn't want this."

He was about to say something else when the door opened and Jamie walked in.

Harry sighed and looked at him.

"She talking yet?" He asked.

"No." Harry shook his head, acting as if I wasn't here. But I wasn't. "She won't talk, she won't eat, I don't know what to do. It's like the guilt is literally killing her. Which is ridiculous because she did nothing wrong." He raised his voice volume on the last four words.

"I don't know what to do." Harry ran a hand through his hair.

"I can't stand watching her like this." Jamie added.

Harry stopped and looked back at the door before coming over to me and sitting on the bed and taking my face in his hands.

"Emma, look at me." He said and my eyes connected with his. "I can't watch you slowly kill your self because you feel like what happened was your fault. It wasn't. It shouldn't have been you. So please just come to your senses and eat something or say something because i'm losing my mind here, Emma. I need you to come back to me, Princess."